What's new

Thin wire

zouzounaki

Olympian
I have my le magister clone set up with dual 2mm coils of 7 wraps, 34awg ss304 wire. This is providing resistance between 1.3-1.4Ω running between 10 and 12w, wicked with labo cotton and the quality of the vapour from it is really excellent. I think it’s better than the builds I had in it with 30awg. It seems to be a little less vapour but the flavour and density seems more intense.

It was a little tricky using it because it’s so thin, but no too tricky to put me off. I’m thinking that in atomisers like this that can accommodate 2 coils, it’s worth the effort.

It’s the same as the crazy thin wire that you sometimes get with chinese clones, wrapped round that string like wicking material.

Anybody else using really thin wire? Have people really used this with cotton or was it more popular with the silica (?) string stuff?

Last edited:
I'm not really using it, but I do think there are benefits to it.

I feel that most decks these days aren't really designed for it, but I usually try and go as thin as I can. .... I think 32awg is the thinnest I have.

I have some really thin flat wire in the post that I thought would be interesting to try

Aye, this is the first device I’ve had that seems to really suit it. I have le mirage on the way, maybe it will work in there as well.

Aye, this is the first device I’ve had that seems to really suit it. I have le mirage on the way, maybe it will work in there as well.

I don't see why not, although the vertical coils might be a bit of a pain to wick, as I tend to just shove it down through after I have the coils mounted. ... so you might find them bending around a lot?

I have my le magister clone set up with dual 2mm coils of 7 wraps, 34awg ss304 wire

chapeau,

Q: did you get the cotton in the made coil - or did you coil the wire around the cotton, how it was done with the silica stuff ?

i get nervous/crazy over such procedere with that thin wire. best i can do is fix one end of flat kanthal 0.5x0.1 mm, make the coil around a 2 mm stick ...

btw: ustand the nautilus coils 1.6/8 ohms are made of 0.2 mm kanthal wire, somebody have an idea how to make a coil of such thin wire that last a little. the nautilus coils are standing for a week - sometimes 10 days or more. my diy coils usually not more than 2 or 3 days.

Last edited:
@simong does the centre pin and deck screw off le mirage the same way as le magister? If so i reckon I could mount the coils and wick them before screwing it back on.

chapeau,

Q: did you get the cotton in the made coil - or did you coil the wire around the cotton, how it was done with the silica stuff ?

i get nervous/crazy over such procedere with that thin wire. best i can do is fix one end of flat kanthal 0.5x0.1 mm, make the coil around a 2 mm stick ...

btw: ustand the nautilus coils 1.6/8 ohms are made of 0.2 mm kanthal wire, somebody have an idea how to make a coil of such thin wire that last a little. the nautilus coils are standing for a week - sometimes 10 days or more. my diy coils usually not more than 2 or 3 days.

The 34 awg is 0.16mm. I just wrapped the coils on a screwdriver and put them on the deck as you normally would then thread the wicks through. It wasn’t that difficult, just need to be careful.

@Michaeltoo , The thin coils that came with it were already wrapped round the silica. I wouldn’t be planning to use them though.

30awg is approx 0.25mm, 34awg is 0.16 so 0.2 must be 32awg I would think.

@simong does the centre pin and deck screw off le mirage the same way as le magister? If so i reckon I could mount the coils and wick them before screwing it back on.

I swapped it a while back but yes, I think it's essentially the same kind of design like that, although then it might be difficult to tighten it back in properly without mashing them up too ..... not sure mate, you'll have to do a bit of experimenting I think. :)

Back
Top Bottom