What's new

The MTL liquids thread, input please.

no.... all input is good. .... and I party agree with what you are saying, I'm really a 50/50 man ..... but the main focus for the list is really to help people (especially new vapers) looking for higher nicotine liquids that often are not stocked by their local B&M's other than in cheap generic rubbish. I wouldn't dream of including a liquid that's only made up to 6mg but I think including higher VG tobaccos for those that might prefer a high VG (and have suitable gear to vape it on) would be a good thing. :)

.... on that subject if a manufacturer makes 12mg or even 18mg liquids, I'm kind of going on the assumption they aren't intended to be DTL vaped really even if they are 70% VG.
Probably a good assumption TBH

Speaking of vg ratios. I wonder if this might be a time to try and introduce some kind of measure of viscosity where possible?

Speaking of vg ratios. I wonder if this might be a time to try and introduce some kind of measure of viscosity where possible?
I've been barking up that tree for year's buddy. Tecc have done some good work.
I believe the mhra test labs should give a viscosity rating during testing but they'd just require more cash for that.
Would be nice to have a universal viscosity rating on each juice to help with coil compatibility but it seems a pipe dream

I've been barking up that tree for year's buddy. Tecc have done some good work.
I believe the mhra test labs should give a viscosity rating during testing but they'd just require more cash for that.
Would be nice to have a universal viscosity rating on each juice to help with coil compatibility but it seems a pipe dream

Yeah it’s tough. I wasn’t thinking of anything that in depth tbh. Maybe just a benchmark or something that us folks could use. Like say take Manabush as “the potv standard reference for viscosity”. That could be 3 on a 1-5 scale. Then the apes could fill in the values when they try a particular juice.

Not sure how tenable this would be long term, but something simple we could make a start on.

Just an idea.

Yeah it’s tough. I wasn’t thinking of anything that in depth tbh. Maybe just a benchmark or something that us folks could use. Like say take Manabush as a reference. That could be 3 on a 1-5 scale. Then the apes could fill in the values when they try a particular juice.

Not sure how tenable this would be long term, but something simple we could make a start on.

Just an idea.

well if someone wants to buy me all the liquids (one from each brand will do) I think I could come up with something to test them ....... keep pulling on a 1.8ohm nautilus coil and see if I get dry hits and how soon. ... actually I'd need several packets of nautilus coils too. ;)

well if someone wants to buy me all the liquids (one from each brand will do) I think I could come up with something to test them ....... keep pulling on a 1.8ohm nautilus coil and see if I get dry hits and how soon. ... actually I'd need several packets of nautilus coils too. ;)

Crowdsourcing Simon. Come on, get with the times.

Also you could just give the bottle a shake.

Crowdsourcing Simon. Come on, get with the times.

Also you could just give the bottle a shake.

:D

This is why I said 60% VG max for the list because to me more than that is where is starts becoming a little unknown. To be honest I can't really tell the difference between a 60% VG Spiritwalker, a 60% VG Digbys and my 50/50's, they don't really vape any different to me. But 70% VG's seem to be a total gamble on whether it will wick properly in some devices and whether the flavour comes through at lower wattage. My corolla's will wick 70 VG without a problem but the flavour just isn't there most of the time at lower power, it's like the people who created the liquid did so thinking that nobody would be vaping at less than 30w. In the corolla at 15w Rejuiced 70/30 Lemon Tart doesn't even taste of lemons, it's more like coconut macaroon or something.

This is why I said 60% VG max for the list because to me more than that is where is starts becoming a little unknown. To be honest I can't really tell the difference between a 60% VG Spiritwalker, a 60% VG Digbys and my 50/50's, they don't really vape any different to me. But 70% VG's seem to be a total gamble on whether it will wick properly in some devices and whether the flavour comes through at lower wattage. My corolla's will wick 70 VG without a problem but the flavour just isn't there most of the time at lower power, it's like the people who created the liquid did so thinking that nobody would be vaping at less than 30w. In the corolla at 15w Rejuiced 70/30 Lemon Tart doesn't even taste of lemons, it's more like coconut macaroon or something.

See i think vg ratio is irrelevant to viscosity. Nasty juice being a case in point. And the old lemonade shop stuff for that matter. It’s 70vg but is literally the same if not thinner than Manabush 50/50. And you can tell just by shaking the bottle or the way it behaves when you tilt the tank. It wicks fine in all my tanks even ones with tiny juice channels.

Now taste and throat hit will be different for sure. But viscosity dictates how it wicks which is not the same as vg ratio.

See i think vg ratio is irrelevant to viscosity. Nasty juice being a case in point. And the old lemonade shop stuff for that matter. It’s 70vg but is literally the same if not thinner than Manabush 50/50. And you can tell just by shaking the bottle or the way it behaves when you tilt the tank. It wicks fine in all my tanks even ones with tiny juice channels.

Now taste and throat hit will be different for sure. But viscosity dictates how it wicks which is not the same as vg ratio.

well, it should be .... clearly if it's thinner than manabush then it can't be 70% VG as VG is thick as fuck and I'm calling bullshit on those companies that are using a high VG ratio as a 'selling point' rather than as useful information for consumers. ... if it's made of AG which is typically 10% water I believe then it should say 60% VG 10% H2O 30% PG.

better still just put the real VG ratio so we do have an idea of the viscosity. ....... I don't know why this shit wasn't dealt with in the TPD.

I'm getting grumpy again.

It's amazing the flavours that come through with certain higher vg juices in a mtl tank. Often the smallest base flavours end up taking center stage.
Again another sticky that should be done by the high vg dtl tank fan's should be the fact that there's no stock coil tank in production that will wick juices above 70%vg consistently without coil damage. That must pop up every day in one form or another.

Back
Top Bottom