What's new

Temp Control and Clapton

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 54254

As an experiment I wound a 32g Dual Core SS with a 38g SS, ohmed out around 0.8 . Imagine my surprise when I filled a Skyline with 4ml of ejuice and it wiped the thing in a couple of hours at 14W and 380F. It drained my mod with two 18650 batteries in under a day too. I'm currently sitting here with a 26g Kanthal build in a Doggystyle and it's hardly touched the eliquid level and the battery has hardly moved.

So the question is, are these fancy builds and coils really worth it for us MTL people?!?

I didn't think so either. It was something I was contemplating during the whole Temp Control EHpro Mod conversation. I may have another solution that should arrive soon, nursing another love of mine at the same time, lol.

One of the guys on the Mech Mod thread put me onto an EHPro S-Key Tube Mech that splits down to 18500 and 18350 size. I thought it would be perfect in 18500 configuration as a MTL mech, will keep you posted. Just so happens another thread started relating to "decent" 18350's, so we'll find out soon enough.

The only issue I have with that is the SS has to be such a fine gauge to get the resistance up, I end up shunting the coil all over the place trying to wick it, lol

The only issue I have with that is the SS has to be such a fine gauge to get the resistance up, I end up shunting the coil all over the place trying to wick it, lol

but you don't really need to get the resistance up, because you're controlling the temp .... I use 26awg coils around 0.5ohm

... it's not like vaping in power mode where you might try to get a 1.4 or 18 ohm coil, you don't really need to do that when vaping in TC mode.

I'll try it, but I think the batteries might not last so long.

they should last longer, on a regulated mod the resistance isn't the important thing it's the wattage you have it set at. (or in TC the wattage it's using to keep your vape at that temp)

I usually vape around 10-12w in power mode with a 1.2 - 1.8 ohm coil depending on the tank or whatever ... in TC mode I run a SS coil around 0.6 -0.6ohms at 25w and a temperature of around 340F ish .. I do vary that a bit though .... but when I fire it will fire at 25w for .. I dunno less than a second, hit the temp I have it set at .. and then the rest of my draw will be like 3 - 5 w because a coil doesn't take a lot of power to keep it at that low temp. ... so say a 5 second draw, 4 of those seconds I'm using half the power I would be in power mode.

on a DNA device you can see all this happening on screen with the 'device monitor' section and anyway the point being, you shouldn't get worse battery life with a low resistance coil. :) TC is a economical way to vape.

Back
Top Bottom