What's new

SXK Pocket

@Flower Power you used to get the same problem sometimes with the Pico RTA - that floating deck does need to be screwed down firmly with the chimney to get the 510 pin poking through properly. I aways find it easier to build it, then insert the deck in the chimney to make sure that it fits right in and the wick holes are properly aligned with the coil (there's a chance it's not gone in right, the deck base of the deck should be flush with the base of the chimney) and THEN screw the base on ... I do it with the deck still upside down so it can't fall back out. Hope that helps?

Think I'll try covering 2 holes to see what difference that makes

The tiny holes were complicit in the turbulence. If you have a dremel try drilling one out as well. And then flip the airflow ring to block all the holes on the outside. It’s perfect like that, smooth tight draw, silent, and the same intense flavour.

I like the idea, but not the idea of me doing a fiddly drilling job.

It was quite easy because the little hole is already there, you can also start it with a little widening grinder tool on the dremel instead of a drill bit. Dremels are great things, I keep an eye open about the house just to try and find things that might need dremeled.

Don't have a Dremel but perhaps this would be an excuse to get me a new toy.

Back
Top Bottom