What's new

SXK Pocket

Crewella

Olympian
I was really excited about this one, I loved the original Pico and the Doggystyle designs, but always said I wished they were glass and metal rather than plastic ..... and top fill would be handy ...... and this looked like a decent effort to deliver that. I was pleased to see that it is, indeed a metal chimney and a glass tank. :)

When I first looked at the deck I thought it looked like it might be too airy:

P1150681.JPG

But then I saw the holes the air comes in from - one pinhole on either side:

P1150683.JPG

I thought the Pico was a fiddly bugger, but jeez this one is a total pain. The hex screws (WHY!!!) are tiny - my heart sank when I saw the allen key in the pack looked not much thicker than my 28 AWG kanthal! AND the screws trapping the wire against the wall doesn't work too well either, especially with thinner wires, though I'd imagine it gets a bit easier the thicker you go. Pain in the arse though. Having the floating deck means you have to keep screwing and unscrewing it as you build, which will annoy many too ........ but I expected that as the Pico was the same.

P1150684.JPG

But ..... having said all that, the overall build quality was nice, the deck slots in where it should and all the threads are nice and clean. You have to be careful to make sure the glass is seated properly as you tighten it up .... but having done that it screwed together nicely and doesn't seem to want to leak. I'll come back after I've refilled.

It vapes lovely, much like the original Pico, and it looks great. If nothing goes amiss in the next couple of days I may well get another. I don't mind it being a bit fiddly if it gives me a nice vape and is quick and easy to refill. And it seems to do that. :)

P1150687.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. Am tempted myself.
Actually, its looks fairly similar to the Serpent mini.

Hmm interesting. I’m tempted to get one. How would you compare the airflow and the overall height to the sxk doggy?

Hmm interesting. I’m tempted to get one. How would you compare the airflow and the overall height to the sxk doggy?
It's a couple of mm shorter than the Doggystyled, and I have the airflow at half the smallest on both, which is about right for me.

Ah, ok. Sounds promising. Strangely I’ve recently had a thing for big, massive tanks. I was planning to start a thread about it. But only for indoor use. I still like a little one for out and about.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom