What's new

Strike 18 coil advice

29awg ni80 1.6ohms on that 1
Position and height look cracking. I think it's the nichrome that's at issue.
Try kanthal at 26/27 awg. Nichrome seems to get too hot too quickly for chamber size. Don't know the science but steel was variable nichrome didn't work but kanthal couldn't go wrong. Aim for.1-1.1ohm.
Works perfectly with much set ups too as it is a slightly more gentle ramp up but the small chamber needs it.

Position and height look cracking. I think it's the nichrome that's at issue.
Try kanthal at 26/27 awg. Nichrome seems to get too hot too quickly for chamber size. Don't know the science but steel was variable nichrome didn't work but kanthal couldn't go wrong. Aim for.1-1.1ohm.
Works perfectly with much set ups too as it is a slightly more gentle ramp up but the small chamber needs it.
Lovely, cheers. Will have a go tonight, I've got some 26awg kanthal in the box. Will update after ive had a play :2thumbsup:

Lovely, cheers. Will have a go tonight, I've got some 26awg kanthal in the box. Will update after ive had a play :2thumbsup:
Please do mate as so far all that's picked one up has been astonished how good the flavour is.
We will get there.

WP_20180227_15_56_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20180227_15_58_40_Pro.jpg

Old coil. But currently giving bags of flavour.

20180322_194658.jpg
20180322_194649.jpg

New build, 26awg kanthal, flavour has improved but still nowhere near as much as I get from the hadaly

Perhaps your expecting too much. Pound for pound your getting much more flavour from strike remembering your getting about a twentieth of the vapour for mtl.
Just a thought you are using a mtl juice aren't you as juices with vg over 60% aren't really best in a mtl set up.

Just a thought you are using a mtl juice aren't you as juices with vg over 60% aren't really best in a mtl set up.
That could be part of the problem then, I've just been using my normal 70/30 liquid that I use for my dtl setups... I'll have a go with a 50/50 when I get chance to mix some. Cheers mate, you've been very helpful :)

Back
Top Bottom