What's new

Steamcrave Glaz Mini MTL RTA

Thanks for the suggestions all - I think I've finally figured it out.

Stripped it down again yesterday and decided to use some different wire as suggested, just in case. when I was tightening down one of the post screws I noticed it gets snug and then loosens off again, like the threads were stripped/slipping. Changed it for one of the spare screws and luckily that tightened down fine, so presumably a dodgy screw rather than stripped post threads.

Fingers crossed, its been stable for the last 12 hours or so on this new build, so hopefully that was the issue!

I can finally enjoy the flavour on this thing, which is excellent :)

Next thing to look at is finding a drip tip that fills the top cap. The standard one is short and leaves a gap under it which seems to fill up with juice/condensation in no time at all. Luckily that's a minor issue which I can live with in the short term though.

Stripped it down again yesterday and decided to use some different wire as suggested, just in case. when I was tightening down one of the post screws I noticed it gets snug and then loosens off again, like the threads were stripped/slipping. Changed it for one of the spare screws and luckily that tightened down fine, so presumably a dodgy screw rather than stripped post threads.

Fingers crossed, its been stable for the last 12 hours or so on this new build, so hopefully that was the issue!

Next thing to look at is finding a drip tip that fills the top cap. The standard one is short and leaves a gap under it which seems to fill up with juice/condensation in no time at all. Luckily that's a minor issue which I can live with in the short term though.

Glad you got it sorted Rich.

Glad you got it sorted mate, it's a cracking rta, we are almost in the end of 2020 safe to say the glaz is still a favourite amongst many members

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted mate, it's a crack rta, we are almost in the end of 2020 safe to say the glaz is still a favourite amongst many members

You're not wrong, though I think the flavour on the pioneer is slightly better - it's very close though and I might just need to play around with different builds and wicking to get them on par. Plenty enjoyable enough as is though!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a kfl2019? Wondered how it compares to the glaz for flavour and draw, as I've been tempted by the KF lately. Plenty of people rave about it, but not necessarily with a contextual comparator.

You're not wrong, though I think the flavour on the pioneer is slightly better - it's very close though and I might just need to play around with different builds and wicking to get them on par. Plenty enjoyable enough as is though!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a kfl2019? Wondered how it compares to the glaz for flavour and draw, as I've been tempted by the KF lately. Plenty of people rave about it, but not necessarily with a contextual comparator.

For me tobbaco juices for some reason slightly better on the kayfun lite everything else the glaz.

The kayfun does have a satisfying draw, feels more premium but you got to nail the wicking and coil positioning otherwise, it's just a good draw :)

I have four kflite2k19 clones and got rid of the pioneer, glaz and pandora, says it all really.

Back
Top Bottom