What's new

Spica Pro by Sirius Mods

Well I have taken it all to bits and the air holes look fine but I still need it wide open to get a vape and then the damn thing leaked every where from the air holes!! Just not having any luck at all with this and I was so looking forward to using it but can't think of anything else to do, something must be wrong as I have loads of other rta's that I use with no problems at all. Looks like I have wasted my money with this one, I even considered buying an authentic but after all this not so sure I want to waste even more money!
Ive only got an original

the thing is you cant tar the original with the same brush as a clone .. because its a clone .. there could be all sorts of problems - it defo wont have the same QC as the originals have had.

this is a fabulous atomiser.

Here's some more shots...

IMG_1146 2.JPG IMG_1146.JPG IMG_1147.JPG IMG_1148.JPG

Ive only got an original

the thing is you cant tar the original with the same brush as a clone .. because its a clone .. there could be all sorts of problems - it defo wont have the same QC as the originals have had.

this is a fabulous atomiser.

I have both, but to be fair the clone I have isn't behaving this way.

There is a fair difference between the two, authentic is heavier, wicking holes line up properly, glass is more secure, top cap knurling is better made for grip, etc.

I have both, but to be fair the clone I have isn't behaving this way.

There is a fair difference between the two, authentic is heavier, wicking holes line up properly, glass is more secure, top cap knurling is better made for grip, etc.
Of course .. its as I'd expect

I have no issue with clone buying personally - though its not my thing .. but in regards to comparison we are actually talking about a cheap copy of something, not the same thing as the original just cheaper. its always going to have more potential for cheaper metals, less accurate milling, any number of things that can happen on a cheap mass production line.

The originals are gonna individually go through some QC (and in the case of the Spica are hand finished and checked) - its one of the reasons they cost more. Alongside the work put into the initial R+D and design of course.

So, we are witnessing the hit and miss QC nature of clones in action. Fair enough. That's the gamble I guess :D

So, we are witnessing the hit and miss QC nature of clones in action. Fair enough. That's the gamble I guess :D
Absolutely - you pays yer money you takes yer chance on copies stuff like this I reckon.

Of course .. its as I'd expect

I have no issue with clone buying personally - though its not my thing .. but in regards to comparison we are actually talking about a cheap copy of something, not the same thing as the original just cheaper. its always going to have more potential for cheaper metals, less accurate milling, any number of things that can happen on a cheap mass production line.

The originals are gonna individually go through some QC (and in the case of the Spica are hand finished and checked) - its one of the reasons they cost more. Alongside the work put into the initial R+D and design of course.
I realise that the clone will not be to the same standard as an original and was hoping to try the clone first and if I liked that was considering buying an original, I think I may just have a dud one which I understand can happen but others on here seem to not have the same problems as me but maybe it is just me missing something obvious!! I may still think of getting the original but it seems you can only get them through Facebook and the next batch is available from Friday so I may take a look then.

I realise that the clone will not be to the same standard as an original and was hoping to try the clone first and if I liked that was considering buying an original, I think I may just have a dud one which I understand can happen but others on here seem to not have the same problems as me but maybe it is just me missing something obvious!! I may still think of getting the original but it seems you can only get them through Facebook and the next batch is available from Friday so I may take a look then.
And therein lies one of the good reasons to get a clone - especially on something thats hard to obtain - to try before you buy so to speak.

I think you probably have to enter into that scenario as you have though .. realising that the clones are likely to have downfalls that the originals will not - I guess as long as you can get the thing to work and separate its pitfalls in your mind, and like the vape from it, you can then make a decision on if you are going to like the original.

How does the draw compare to the berserker mini on it's second smallest hole? Just had a play to compare, the 7 star insert with 2 holes open on the AFC is looser for me.

agree with this. Beserker RTA is a good comparison. Airflow on my clone feels the same as the original.

Edit. Build quality on original is better in every way, as to be expected.

Last edited:
@quincey43 I'm so sorry you're having issues with it. I was particularly interested in what you thought of it too .... hope it works out in the end.

Back
Top Bottom