What's new

Smoant Pasito

Another little update today.

If like me you are always knocking your pasito over and knocking it off tables etc... you might find that your device starts rattling and making a noise like the battery is smacking around inside.... because, well that's exactly what's happening.

Simply unscrew the bottom plate, then the two on the sides and the whole internals will slide out in one piece. The battery is held to the side by some hot glue/silicon type stuff and if the join breaks the battery gets a little side to side movement, simply run a little super glue down the edge and stick the silicon back or apply some new hot glue or whatever you have around. If you don't have anything to glue it with you could probably use a little piece of heat resistant foam or something just to stop the battery smacking against the side of the case when you put the innards back in.

The good news... it's very simple to take apart and more importantly get back together, if people do have problems of any kind.
I remain impressed with these beasts

I love mine, they are what I use 90% of the time now. :D

I'm happy with the RBA's now too... when you get used to carrying and using something so small it's so hard to go back to (what feels like) a massive mod and tank set up.

.... also I fixed the one which had the button 'break' by taking that apart, I'm not sure what happened but I think it just got snagged somehow because it's working fine now. I have a 3rd on the way (the new silver/carbon job) which I'm just going to put away.

@Crewella did you ever sort your RBA issue? Do you want me to send you one of my little adapters to see if that's the issue? I have 2 of them and I only ever use one (that's permanently attached to my RX Mini for building them)

I love mine, they are what I use 90% of the time now. :D

I'm happy with the RBA's now too... when you get used to carrying and using something so small it's so hard to go back to (what feels like) a massive mod and tank set up.

.... also I fixed the one which had the button 'break' by taking that apart, I'm not sure what happened but I think it just got snagged somehow because it's working fine now. I have a 3rd on the way (the new silver/carbon job) which I'm just going to put away.

@Crewella did you ever sort your RBA issue? Do you want me to send you one of my little adapters to see if that's the issue? I have 2 of them and I only ever use one (that's permanently attached to my RX Mini for building them)
Awww thank you, but a kind ape beat you to it and I received another RBA yesterday. Been busy so not had a chance to play with it yet, but I'll report back when I do. :10:

I agree. First time a little kit that looked good on paper actually delivered.
Easily the cheapest way into a full flavour set up.
I've been testing a few bits over the last few weeks so will be glad to return to my pasito for out and about. Just got the marvel lined up to test first.
I struggled to get on with the pal 2 but things improved when I put an aspire 1.6 ohm coil in. Yet to try the hippovape rba for the pal 2.

so was it the RBA or the base thing that had the issue and did you discover what it was?

Another little update today.

If like me you are always knocking your pasito over and knocking it off tables etc... you might find that your device starts rattling and making a noise like the battery is smacking around inside.... because, well that's exactly what's happening.

Simply unscrew the bottom plate, then the two on the sides and the whole internals will slide out in one piece. The battery is held to the side by some hot glue/silicon type stuff and if the join breaks the battery gets a little side to side movement, simply run a little super glue down the edge and stick the silicon back or apply some new hot glue or whatever you have around. If you don't have anything to glue it with you could probably use a little piece of heat resistant foam or something just to stop the battery smacking against the side of the case when you put the innards back in.

The good news... it's very simple to take apart and more importantly get back together, if people do have problems of any kind.

Mine started rattling 2 weeks ago.. Not badly but it was doing my swede in.. So i did exactly as you did

I just designed and printed a stand for my 3, I call it 'A Sack Of Potatoes'

Potato-Sack-1.jpg
Potato-Sack-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom