What's new

Skyline turning liquid darker

scumbag

Postman
Began using some very clear liquid in the Skyline and noticed after maube half tank it gets darker and darker, you can see swirls of golden brown starting around the bottom deck area and out where cotton wicks.

Ive tried giving good clean, used different cotton and also used the same juice in Kayfun Prime without it turning colour. Ive no idea and read something about pressure inside unique to Skyline? Its def not just liquid being heated as it would do the same in other tanks.

Any tips to prevent this/have you noticed this issue?

It's just the browner liquid from the wick leaking back into the tank, it's happened on a lot of tanks I've owned, even stock coils ... I don't think it's anything to worry about.

It’s just because there’s more ease of flow of liquid between inside and outside of the chamber than there is with the prime. Like @simong sais it’s from the wick, it’s there in the prime as well as you can see when you take it apart. It’s just able to flow into the tank with the skyline.

You’ll notice when you open the juice control on the skyline you actually see the wick through the space.

Strange how I never noticed it before. I might try using more cotton to see if that helps, doesnt really bother me but I thought it began tasting different the darker it got but probably not.

I don’t think it can be affecting the flavour, the darkened liquid is on the wick anyway whether you can see it or not.

I had this problem with the Doggystyle, the only way I found to get rid off it was to change the coil and stop using muji pads and lower the power a notch, whether it was one or all three changes that made the difference I couldn't say. It never made any difference to the flavour of my liquid but I just didn't like the look of it.

Back
Top Bottom