What's new

Siren V2

it doesn't really matter though does it? I mean MTL vaping on a regulated device, the mod will read the coil at what it reads it at anyway.

If I build my tank up on my tab pro and it says it's 1.26ohms and then I put it on my mod and it reads it at 1.12 ohms, who cares and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. .... unless you don't trust your mod to detect a short but any decent regulated mod should do.

.... maybe not a smok though, like you say! lol..
Agreed. If I'm aiming to build at 1.2 - 1.3 I'm not going to be heartbroken if it comes out at 1.1 or 1.4. lt can be useful however when you're learning to coil to know that say, 7 wraps of your wire produces 1.1. Some people can also get very anal about all things vaping, so that their coil *must* be 1.3 ohm, and a 2 or 3 micron gap between tank and mod signifies the end of the world.
It doesn't of course, although I think even I would draw the line at dayglo orange o rings on a blue mod! [emoji11]

But if you have a mod and a coil reader, and they both show different resistances, how is it even clear which one is actually wrong? It could be that the mod is right. And as @simong says, you’re firing on the mod anyway.

This past 3 months are killing me. I’m supposed to be saving money by not smoking :doh:
Before you get your first rta look at the build deck of the rta your thinking off getting while no doubt you will be able to build on everything but some decks are very tight and small and a pain and difficult to wick right..as a person who has just switched myself to rta I found it really difficult on some tanks to get right so pick a tank that’s very easy to coil and wick..also get a Non tdp one.
As for kit you only really need cutters,tweezers,drivers,and maybe a coil jig to get wrap size right and neat most tanks come with hex keys if they use them..or you can do what I did to get you started and have something in your hand to look at and buy pre made kathal A1 coils I got 0.50-1.5-1.8 ohm ones from eBay about £2.60 for 20.

Last edited:
Before you get your first rta look at the build deck of the rta your thinking off getting while no doubt you will be able to build on everything but some decks are very tight and small and a pain and difficult to wick right..as a person who has just switched myself to rta I found it really difficult on some tanks to get right so pick a tank that’s very easy to coil and wick..also get a Non tdp one.
As for kit you only really need cutters,tweezers,drivers,and maybe a coil jig to get wrap size right and neat most tanks come with hex keys if they use them..or you can do what I did to get you started and have something in your hand to look at and buy pre made kathal A1 coils I got 0.50-1.5-1.8 ohm ones from eBay about £2.60 for 20.

Will do bud

Back
Top Bottom