What's new

RTA with decent throat hit for 3mg nic vaping

Hi,
You could try Flash Hit Enhancer ( formerly bitextra ) by Flavour Art - add two drops to 10ml of your liquid and it will give it some throat hit without altering the flavour.

I haven't used it myself but I have heard good things from those who have - expect to pay about £3 for 10ml - worth a go.

@MoodyB i don’t really get the throat hit thing that people speak of. In the morning maybe but for most of the time I don’t. You may be similar. Tank recommendations are really personal as I’m sure you will know so none of the above may do it for you but hopefully one may.
I’d still keep experimenting with differences in build and juices or maybe trying a different vape style like rdl?
Good luck :)

Untill the Spica Pro wings its way here ( which might be a while considering the situ in China ) I'll mess around with what I have & give the Flash Hit Enhancer a go.

The MD & Galaxies will scratch the itch for now.

I'll try to give you different kinds of an answer: (instead of a tank) focus on flavors. Certain flavors are harsher on the throat and can "emulate" nic's TH (so to speak.)

For example - Cinnamon

But even the ones you mentioned (pepper/Mint) can do the trick. Actually, menthol more than peppermint/mint. Adding a few drops of menthol flavoring to any liquid helps add a bit of cool throat hit without tasting like menthol. I personally am not a fan of menthol/peppermint flavors, but they're affecting TH aside of our individual flavor preferences.

FlavourArt even made a dedicated flavor named "Flash" just 4 that purpose, describing it as "Nicotine free flavor designed to mimic the nicotine hit."

This "flavor strategy" can also benefit those who wanna decrease nicotine levels in their DIY mixes or ejuices (nic intake) - without sacrificing TH. You don't have to be DIY mixer (like myself) to accomplish the goal as all of the mentioned flavors can be added at a later point to premade ejuices + they should anyway be added in small doses (ie. few drops per 10ml of ejuice.)

Yeah the 'extra' throat hit from menthols is why I use 2 different ones in my mix.
1ml of FlavourWest Extreme Ice & 1ml of FlavourWest Menthol.
That goes in along with with 8ml of Capella Peppermint in my 90ml diy recipie.

garth mentioned FlavourArt's 'Flash' so I'll give that a try this week & see how it goes.

If it can add a little more definition to the throat hit then I'll be more than happy.

Cinnamon could be worth experimenting with in a 10ml mix, so thanks for the tip :)

So my bottle of Xtra from FlavourArt arrived.

Put 0.15ml in a 10ml mix of my peppermint juice & after letting it sit for 6-7 hours it's made a noticeable improvement to the throat hit on the Glaz Mini :)

This is with the coil about as high as it can go & moved closer to one side so you can almost see 2 of the airflow holes from above.

Doesn't seem to have changed the flavour either, which is always good.

So many thanks garth for mentioning it.:2thumbsup:

I'll try the liquid again tomorrow to see if it improves the feel with a bit more time.

Then I'll try adding another 0.15ml & probably complain it's too strong! :14:

An update to the above. It seems that Flash Hit / XtraBite does diminish the flavour slightly. Well in my juice anyway.

I made up some of my peppermint mix with around 3% of it added in & the peppermint tasted muted.

Emptied the tank & added some of my peppermint with no Flash Hit / XtraBite in there, and after half a tank it tasted better.

So something to keep in mind if you decide to try it out.

Thanks for the update. Would like to know if you find a decent balance with the throat hit. Can you just up your flavour percentages to even it out?

Back
Top Bottom