What's new

Ripley RDTA not wicking

I usually vape 50/50 but at the moment got 70/30 in the Ripley, no issues, vapes like a dream.
Bishop seems not to like 70/30 though.

Are you sure the tubes are the right way round? I can't tell much from the pic but can't see the bevel on the bottom of the tubes
Yeah. They sit in little dips on the base so it’s hard to see the edge.
I’ve negotiated a hostage exchange now.

I dunno about the ripley but i just tried adding distilled water to thin vg and so far so good.

It seems to not take very much at all to thin it, but i just tried squirting a little bit in some juice to see what would happen. Cant really tell if i thinned enough to help wicking an rta or coil life yet, but vaping seems pretty good

Next time i will measure

I dunno about the ripley but i just tried adding distilled water to thin vg and so far so good.

It seems to not take very much at all to thin it, but i just tried squirting a little bit in some juice to see what would happen. Cant really tell if i thinned enough to help wicking an rta or coil life yet, but vaping seems pretty good

Next time i will measure

I tend to buy 100% PG nic shots when I vape 70/30 juice in an MTL tank.
If you put 2 shots into 50ml you end up with 50/50.

I’ve had a right fight with the Ripley last night and today. I’ve re wicked it twice since getting it with no problem at all. I can’t seem to stop getting dry cotton after a few drags. I’ve stripped it down today and cleaned it thoroughly, checked the stems aren’t blocked and whatever I do the cotton still ends up dry. Help a maiden in distress please. I’ve done nothing different from the last twice I’ve wicked it.
Wicking and coil placement pics
BF1F8ABC-3DA7-4B6A-BB83-886B9690D9A1.jpeg
BF1F8ABC-3DA7-4B6A-BB83-886B9690D9A1.jpeg
7056A237-F680-4D0C-AAE9-AB3581525514.jpeg

Attachments

• A5B96D96-9E3B-4981-B363-F6DB13FC7293.jpeg
    A5B96D96-9E3B-4981-B363-F6DB13FC7293.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Pour eliquid down the stems to prime it, I assume you have the angle cut-out pointed at the bottom of the tank. Works best with 50/50 liquids.

Pour eliquid down the stems to prime it, I assume you have the angle cut-out pointed at the bottom of the tank. Works best with 50/50 liquids.

Thanks John, sorry, I should have said, I’ve done the above and always 50/50 juices. I’ve even been putting a little bit of the wick into the stems. It’s a right chin scratcher as it’s worked perfectly twice before.

Back
Top Bottom