What's new

Question for people that use Rayon wicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyB

Postman
So, the question is :

Do you suffer from a drier mouth if you use a cotton wick instead?

My reason for asking this is I was rewicking my rta this morning and came across some Firebolt cotton laces that came with my Galaxies rdta. So I decided to try it as it's been years since I used cotton.

And I'm fairly certain that my mouth feel drier overall, even after just half a tankful of juice through the cotton, compared to rayon / cotton/rayon blend wicks.

I know different cottons could have a different effect I guess, but I can't be bothered to try them all.

Plus I don't have enough money left after buying too many rta's this month...:14:

Has anyone else experienced this?
Or do I need :help:

'Fraid I only ever use cotton ............ with any luck there's be someone that's tried both.

Don't think I have ever tried pure rayon......is it not wood pulp?......from memory I think that is what put me off....I could be wrong though

Hard to say... I've never used firebolt, but I use fiber freaks which I believe is at least partly rayon? .... and that tastes better than cotton to me.

Found the firbolt cotton very good. Wicks incredibly well if a little overstuffed in it's size rating (have to remove 20-30% from the 2.5mm bunch).
I have various reactions to cotton and generally keep to muji but I'm sure many people notice a difference between wicking materials.
I've not used fibre freaks in a while. Really liked it but the last pack must have been punctured as it tasted awful.

Rayon gives me a sore throat

That's interesting as I find that the Firebolt cotton has a smoother feel on the throat than the FIbre Freaks wicks that I usually use.

Hard to say... I've never used firebolt, but I use fiber freaks which I believe is at least partly rayon? .... and that tastes better than cotton to me.

Yeah I switched to the first FIbre Freaks pre-cut wicks years ago after getting fed up with the taste & drier mouth I experienced with cotton.

I do prefer the cotton blend Fibre Freak pads though as I get a better flavour from my liquid.

I will say that the cotton now does taste better than what I remember from a few years back. Almost on par with FF.

That's interesting as I find that the Firebolt cotton has a smoother feel on the throat than the FIbre Freaks wicks that I usually use.
In truth for various reasons (a lot just performance) I don’t get on with any “vape” cottons.

I just use muji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom