What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

This happens with every rta I've owned. Some leave a drop or 2, whereas others its like 5-10 drops.

Only thing I can suggest is to try slightly more wicking, and to check that the wick isn't touching the sides & roof of the deck.

Watch the BPMods wicking tutorial on YouTube if you haven't seen it already.

Not sure what the issue was but that's fine now. Problem I'm currently facing is leakage at the base of the tank. Whenever I unscrew the tank off the mod there is a nice puddle underneath. What causes this?

I get this problem with the Pioneer too, worse than any other tank I've had for a while, I think its because of the very compact/flat build deck. My theory is, the cotton ends up touching the coil posts, which allows the liquid to wick down into the airflow and then it slowly starts to drip into the bottom and then comes out of the air flow holes between the tank and afc ring, onto the base. its usually fine for the first 24 hours or so after I build/wick it, but after that I find myself taking the tank off a couple of times a day just to wipe the bottom clean, otherwise I end up with quite a puddle under the tank.

If I try being clever with the wicking to avoid this, I usually just end up ruining the flavour, so I've learnt to live with it, though its still annoying..

Bit disappointed with this. I've yet to manage a build that doesn't piss juice everywhere, and if I'm honest I think the Neeko has much better flavour.
Followed countless videos to no avail. I'm sure the fault is mine, but no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Is the 510 pin screwed in fully?

Replacing the insulator on the 510 pin & the oring at the base of the tank might be worth a shot too.

I'm think there's spares for both in the box?

Is the 510 pin screwed in fully?

Replacing the insulator on the 510 pin & the oring at the base of the tank might be worth a shot too.

I'm think there's spares for both in the box?

Yeah, the pin is pretty tight. I'm pretty sure the leak is juice flooding the chamber and pouring down the airhole, but not sure what I can do to stop it. Tried packing the wick, tried a sparse wick, made sure it won't contact the chimney, made sure it's fully inside the chamber and not sat in the juice entry holes, etc etc etc.

I'm actually wondering if I've got a duff one, as clearly it's not an issue for everyone and I've been at this nearly three hours now. Every single build floods as soon as juice is added to the tank.

I'd replace all the orings just to rule that out?

It sounds like the air seal isn't 100%, causing constant wicking.

Thank Christ I’ve done it - I think. Had a couple of hours break, then tried again after watching Bruce’s video about 50 times. Still no idea what I’ve done differently :D I suspect my cotton didn’t have the power!

What kind of coil do you use @Simebaby and how far is your coil from the airhole under the coil?

Maybe some of your coil's cotton threads touch the airhole and that can cause the flood

And gone again. Fuck this - I can’t be spending two hours breaking the thing down and rebuilding it just because I’ve changed the wick. Ca anyone honestly tell me what’s wrong with this:

Attachments

• C299DCCD-1976-4271-8B0D-993218FB60E3.jpeg
    C299DCCD-1976-4271-8B0D-993218FB60E3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
And gone again. Fuck this - I can’t be spending two hours breaking the thing down and rebuilding it just because I’ve changed the wick. Ca anyone honestly tell me what’s wrong with this:
I don't have this tank, but something I always do when building these kind of decks, after juicing the wick, is poke something narrow under the wick as it comes out of the coil and lift it very slightly, just to make sure there's no cotton too near the air hole? Might be worth a try?

Back
Top Bottom