What's new

Original Hastur - check atty?

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
At my wit’s end as yet another tank gone - my original hastur suddenly reading as no atty - so presumably no resistance. I’ve broken it down entirely, rebuilt it, once it’s wicked and tightened - no atty.
Driving me mad as I have to fucking dump the juice to break it back down again. Honestly no idea where the issue is. Reads the same on two mods and a tab. My other hastur is fine.
It’s times like this I question whether it’s worth the hassle. I don’t really want to spend my evening dicking around with tanks.
Any ideas?
Si

Hi All
At my wit’s end as yet another tank gone - my original hastur suddenly reading as no atty - so presumably no resistance. I’ve broken it down entirely, rebuilt it, once it’s wicked and tightened - no atty.
Driving me mad as I have to fucking dump the juice to break it back down again. Honestly no idea where the issue is. Reads the same on two mods and a tab. My other hastur is fine.
It’s times like this I question whether it’s worth the hassle. I don’t really want to spend my evening dicking around with tanks.
Any ideas?
Si
Did you check it reads okay before putting deck back on?

a long shot this but had the same problem with one of my tanks then realised the mod had a adjustable 510 pin rather than spring loaded 510, adjusted then all was good?

Did you check it reads okay before putting deck back on?

Sorry, you’ve lost me. Resistance does read with just the deck, though it does jump more than I’d expect for kanthal, when the tank is built is when it goes wrong. Definitely no stray wire / shorts, everything is contained.

I’m thinking there’s something up with the 510, but not sure what. I’ve actually got is reading at the moment, but it reads 1.08 when idle, and 0.96 when firing - which just seems plain wrong to me for kanthal. It’ll stop working again anytime if it’s true to form.

This may sound silly, but have you checked the 510 in the mod? Sometimes the return spring in the mod gets tired, particularly if you constantly have a tank attached, and the pin gets stuck at the bottom of its travel - if the 510 on your atty is even a fraction of a milimeter shorter than the previous one you used the positive pin may not return and connect properly.

If you suspect this may be the case - take the batteries out of the mod and take a screwdriver and try to gently pry the mods 510 pin up, you will probably have to rotate the mod in your hand and pry at the 501 pin from different positions.

Its worth a go if all else fails.

This may sound silly, but have you checked the 510 in the mod? Sometimes the return spring in the mod gets tired, particularly if you constantly have a tank attached, and the pin gets stuck at the bottom of its travel - if the 510 on your atty is even a fraction of a milimeter shorter than the previous one you used the positive pin may not return and connect properly.

If you suspect this may be the case - take the batteries out of the mod and take a screwdriver and try to gently pry the mods 510 pin up, you will probably have to rotate the mod in your hand and pry at the 501 pin from different positions.

Its worth a go if all else fails.
Mod is only a month or so old. It does the same on a build tab as well.

Also, should add - identical Hastur on the same mod is fine.

Sorry, you’ve lost me. Resistance does read with just the deck, though it does jump more than I’d expect for kanthal, when the tank is built is when it goes wrong. Definitely no stray wire / shorts, everything is contained.

I’m thinking there’s something up with the 510, but not sure what. I’ve actually got is reading at the moment, but it reads 1.08 when idle, and 0.96 when firing - which just seems plain wrong to me for kanthal. It’ll stop working again anytime if it’s true to form.
If it reads okay before you put it back together then something is happening like the coil or a coil leg tag end is fouling on the chamber as you screw it together.

If it reads okay before you put it back together then something is happening like the coil or a coil tag end is fouling on the chamber as you screw it together.
I know it sounds daft but definitely not - there’s nothing there to short.

Back
Top Bottom