What's new

Nozzle kit for Kayfun Prime

So we should all email creme de vape about these then? :D @discog let us know how you get on with these when they eventually arrive!
The email I had from CdV said that they weren’t available to B2B (Business 2 Business?) customers at moment, but to keep an eye out if they become available. Didn’t fancy paying shipping fee from Germany to try them out!

Sometimes the postage drains all enthusiasm for these bits and bobs.

Ok cool thanks. Never been one for tobacco flavours as I was put off by the cheap cardboard tasting vivid liquids a number of years bk but I keep hearing people saying it’s different now.
My first attempt at tobacco flavours was vile too ...... but I found this place, tried some decent ones and now vape little else.

So we should all email creme de vape about these then? :D @discog let us know how you get on with these when they eventually arrive!
I surely will. I do wonder if the difference is subtle how difficult they will be to compare. I find the KFP experience quite variable with small adjustments to the build, and switching these blocks requires a rebuild. Ideally they'd be compared with two atomizers and matching builds.

That said, I have arrived at a preferred build and I think I can execute it reliably.

Can anybody explain how this nozzle works? I can’t work out how it would improve flavour specifically with net liquids.

Can anybody explain how this nozzle works? I can’t work out how it would improve flavour specifically with net liquids.
I think that's why I'm so curious about it. It should change the velocity and distribution of air hitting the coil, but I'd expect any difference in flavor to be small.

I figure at the very least it will address one flaw of the usual slot, which is that it's too close to the wick and liquid will sometimes bridge into the hole. I've taken to building wider coils and wrapping my leads around the outside of the post from behind and then trapping them inside. This helps keep the wick from touching the edge of the airflow slot and also keeps the negative leg from shorting on the airflow adapter.

I've been playing with the new nozzles for the past two days and just as I had expected it is very difficult to compare them with only one atomizer. It is possible to change the positive post without completely removing the coil but it is quite fiddly. Even so, it is impossible to remove variation in coil position and wicking from the comparison, and the time between vapes is significant.

I do notice changes in flavor and in the sound and feeling of the draw with each reconfiguration. It's more of a difference than I expected but still not enough to conclusively say that one is better than another, including the stock adapter. This experience is deep into the murky territory of subjectivity and possible confirmation bias. The overall tightness doesn't seem to change, but note that I am vaping on the smallest sizes of the adjustment ring. Throat hit seems the same. I had expected that these nozzles, especially the round hole, would reduce the initial gurgle I sometimes get on the KFP when excess liquid has wicked onto the deck, but this is not the case.

Another thing worth noting about my perspective is that I am always trying new liquids. I used the same one (a NET from Truebacco) for my comparisons of course, but I'm not that vaper who's got an ADV that they've vaped 5000ml of and taste in their dreams. This person would have a much easier time comparing these nozzles! I'm not planning on buying another KFP anytime soon so I don't expect to have a definitive favorite nozzle for some time if ever.

My initial impression is that these nozzles do make some kind of difference in the vape quality, but I was already getting a very good vape and I'm still getting a very good vape. I recommend this accessory to the curious KFP loving NET enthusiast flavor chaser with $15 to blow and the patience to rebuild their device several times. Also you will need a 5mm nut driver. To those who are looking for the KFP to be completely transformed, I say try a different atomizer.

I'll update this thread with any further observations as they arise, and I hope you apes will do the same.

I've been playing with the new nozzles for the past two days and just as I had expected it is very difficult to compare them with only one atomizer. It is possible to change the positive post without completely removing the coil but it is quite fiddly. Even so, it is impossible to remove variation in coil position and wicking from the comparison, and the time between vapes is significant.

I do notice changes in flavor and in the sound and feeling of the draw with each reconfiguration. It's more of a difference than I expected but still not enough to conclusively say that one is better than another, including the stock adapter. This experience is deep into the murky territory of subjectivity and possible confirmation bias. The overall tightness doesn't seem to change, but note that I am vaping on the smallest sizes of the adjustment ring. Throat hit seems the same. I had expected that these nozzles, especially the round hole, would reduce the initial gurgle I sometimes get on the KFP when excess liquid has wicked onto the deck, but this is not the case.

Another thing worth noting about my perspective is that I am always trying new liquids. I used the same one (a NET from Truebacco) for my comparisons of course, but I'm not that vaper who's got an ADV that they've vaped 5000ml of and taste in their dreams. This person would have a much easier time comparing these nozzles! I'm not planning on buying another KFP anytime soon so I don't expect to have a definitive favorite nozzle for some time if ever.

My initial impression is that these nozzles do make some kind of difference in the vape quality, but I was already getting a very good vape and I'm still getting a very good vape. I recommend this accessory to the curious KFP loving NET enthusiast flavor chaser with $15 to blow and the patience to rebuild their device several times. Also you will need a 5mm nut driver. To those who are looking for the KFP to be completely transformed, I say try a different atomizer.

I'll update this thread with any further observations as they arise, and I hope you apes will do the same.

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted

@discog Thanks for updating on your findings. Sounds as if wire and wicking make more difference but I'll look forward to any further findings as you live with the nozzles.

Hi @discog, thank you for your comprehensive post :2thumbsup: Am curious to try if they ever become available in UK, but you have saved me the expensive postage from Germany to try these nozzles.

Back
Top Bottom