What's new

New Steam Crave Mini Robot MTL RTA

MTLMike

Achiever
Looks like Steam Crave are releasing a new MTL RTA soon, the Mini Robot which there is also a VV tube mod for which can be purchased separately or as a bundle based on their site product pages.
Looks interesting, using the Fev/Bishop style airflow pins but coming in from the top instead of the side.
Here's the marketing photos for the tank from the site:
4346b7d35b.jpg

I'd be interested to try it, but it looks pretty ugly to my eyes. Shame they won't make something better looking cos SC stuff seems to built really well.

Top airflow MTL? I'm no MTL guru but I've always got the best flavour from bottom airflow RDA/RTAs, other airflows can be close but I've never found them to be better.

It won't leak, but if you can't wick it can still flood the deck or dry hit.

Maybe it's different so reviewers can shout 'innovation'. I don't see the point.

Top airflow MTL? I'm no MTL guru but I've always got the best flavour from bottom airflow RDA/RTAs, other airflows can be close but I've never found them to be better.

Maybe it's different so reviewers can shout 'innovation'. I don't see the point.
I'd be interested to try it, but it looks pretty ugly to my eyes. Shame they won't make something better looking cos SC stuff seems to built really well.

Still nicer looking to me than some of the tanks that have been released recently, looks quite compact too. With the bubble glass however, it does look rather unappealing.
Well from the looks of the diagram it's more top to side/under airflow, those pins seem to go practically right to the coil.

Last edited:

It comes out the hole under the coil though right, so it doesn't really matter where it comes in?

I'm not sure, it's not really clear but it looks like an air hole under the coil.

I'm not convinced it matters where the airflow is coming from. Sure it's a little bit further with top airflow. 1 or 2 cms. But air moves pretty fucking fast. I can't see how it would make a noticable difference.

But yea I've never come across a top airflow that tastes better than bottom.

It comes out the hole under the coil though right, so it doesn't really matter where it comes in?

I'm not sure, it's not really clear but it looks like an air hole under the coil.
Think that's just where the 510 pin screws in. It seems those two pins at the top direct the airflow to the side/underneath the coil like the Fev or the Bishop tanks.

Looks like the air will stop at the top arrow?

View attachment 251022
I don't think so, the top blue arrow shows the threading on the pins, the pins have a bit more length to them after the threading which the bottom blue arrow shows although the diagram makes it look like the airflow is being pointed at the post screws more than the coil itself.

Back
Top Bottom