What's new

mtl rta coils ohm help

Evildoll

Hi guys, I posted yesterday about this but didn't realise there was a specific forum for mtl help so I'll post it again.

I'm using the digiflavor siren v2 and had some coils I forgot about. I used the coils that came with it no problem (they came out at 1 ohm) I've tried these other coils, they are small and pretty much look exactly the same as the ones that came with the siren but obviously they are not. Some are only reading at 0.12 ohm and another read at 0.4 ohm... I'm guessing these are no Good to use?

I wouldn't use them for MTL. The lowest I go is 0.7 ohms for this kind of vape. Low ohm coils are generally used at high wattages to chuck big clouds. You would need more airflow than the siren can offer to do this IMHO

do you know what they are made of?

if it looks the same as your 1ohm coil but is only 0.12 then chances are that is a TC coil made of nickel, which you can use in TC mode for MTL vaping but you shouldn't use in power mode.

if you don't know what they are made of I wouldn't advice using them regardless.

do you know what they are made of?

if it looks the same as your 1ohm coil but is only 0.12 then chances are that is a TC coil made of nickel, which you can use in TC mode for MTL vaping but you shouldn't use in power mode.

if you don't know what they are made of I wouldn't advice using them regardless.
Good advice, dont risk using a coil if you dont know what its made of, I use Kanthal A1 at 1.3 ohm in Power mode.

Good advice, dont risk using a coil if you dont know what its made of, I use Kanthal A1 at 1.3 ohm in Power mode.

Thanks for the replies guys, the tags on the coils are these. There's 3 different coils .... n180 22, 515 316 23, and 515 304 24.

The last numbers (2*) looks like it’s the wire gauge. These are all too thick for that kind of rta. You need 28 or 30. NI80 or 316 and 304 stainless steel are fine to use in power mode, but you need thinner ones.

Back
Top Bottom