What's new

MTL RDAs

Yeah, I think I identify myself as a strict lung hit. I'm currently on a 1.8ohm Nauti coil and I no longer seem to enjoy it. I'm asking too much from it and inevitably my cheeks get a bit red and I get dizzy, like when you're blowing balloons after a certain time. I reckon with a .7 coil and airflow half closed I can easily emulate a .7 Nautilus coil.

I do understand maybe my juice consumption will increase but I'm saving money on coils so I guess in a way it does balance itself out. I just hope I can confidently leave the house with a 10ml bottle and a spare 18650.

Didn't opt for a new one (via FT) since I done some digging on the forums and just grabbed a used Serpent Mini for 8 pounds from @vapellie. She's kind enough to chuck in some coils and cotton to get me started though! *It's the SS version though, would of loved the Black but I'm not complaining!

Thank you for your help regardless, I can't wait to get started.
You should easily get a full day from a good 18650 at 0.7. I use 0.8 on one of my rta' s and that lasts me a day and more.

You should easily get a full day from a good 18650 at 0.7. I use 0.8 on one of my rta' s and that lasts me a day and more.

Can't say I agree with that to be honest..

Just popped in a fresh 30Q that I bought like 4 days ago yesterday at 5pm and I have about 1/5th battery life left. 3.48v left according to the Pico. So 8.5 hours on a single 30Q with probably still an hour or two to go.. that's not bad but it's definitley wrong to say it lasts a day (atleast for my vaping)

That's why I always carry an extra 18650, can't be too sure anymore. (and praying my RTA build won't burn when I'm out and about!)

Can't say I agree with that to be honest..

Just popped in a fresh 30Q that I bought like 4 days ago yesterday at 5pm and I have about 1/5th battery life left. 3.48v left according to the Pico. So 8.5 hours on a single 30Q with probably still an hour or two to go.. that's not bad but it's definitley wrong to say it lasts a day (atleast for my vaping)

That's why I always carry an extra 18650, can't be too sure anymore. (and praying my RTA build won't burn when I'm out and about!)
Is that in the Pico. Apologies we've been rambling on and lost track of the start. In DNA device the battery management is a tad better. Each mod has it's own quirks. Was talking to someone about a smoant mod the other day and they where burning through a couple of cells at 25w in half a day.
As for burning out a coil. Unless you turn your mod up to something ridiculous your coils will last until you change it.

Is that in the Pico. Apologies we've been rambling on and lost track of the start. In DNA device the battery management is a tad better. Each mod has it's own quirks. Was talking to someone about a smoant mod the other day and they where burning through a couple of cells at 25w in half a day.
As for burning out a coil. Unless you turn your mod up to something ridiculous your coils will last until you change it.

Well that explains everything then.. maybe the battery management in the Pico is not up to far with ''DNA'' devices as you've mentioned. And yeah, 15-20w is my sweet spot on a 0.7ohm coil and I highly doubt I'll vape it at more than 20w.

Welcome.Vapellie will see you right.

Awww bless ya hun!
Yes, I've just put a build in it, but it was a little tricky to judge the wick without smothering it in juice

I wound a few more kanthal coils that should come out roughly 0.7ohms, chucked in some spare cotton, and a spool of kanthal, so you should be good to go!

Just report back when you start tinkering, I'm always excited to play even just a small part in helping someone on their vape journey!

Awww bless ya hun!
Yes, I've just put a build in it, but it was a little tricky to judge the wick without smothering it in juice

I wound a few more kanthal coils that should come out roughly 0.7ohms, chucked in some spare cotton, and a spool of kanthal, so you should be good to go!

Just report back when you start tinkering, I'm always excited to play even just a small part in helping someone on their vape journey!

Oh don't you worry about that, I'm gonna be the son that runs up to his mummy crying for help:18::18:

Thanks for the extra goodies and preparing everything for me.

Oh don't you worry about that, I'm gonna be the son that runs up to his mummy crying for help:18::18:

Thanks for the extra goodies and preparing everything for me.

Hahaha, happy to be your vape mummy if you need help! But persevere, I think lots of attention is given to coiling for the first time, but wicking is the Dark Art! You might not get it right first time and you'll get angry with dry hits or leaking tanks (although I do think the serpent is relatively less fussy about wicking than some tanks), but just keep going, you'll get there eventually!

Hahaha, happy to be your vape mummy if you need help! But persevere, I think lots of attention is given to coiling for the first time, but wicking is the Dark Art! You might not get it right first time and you'll get angry with dry hits or leaking tanks (although I do think the serpent is relatively less fussy about wicking than some tanks), but just keep going, you'll get there eventually!
Nice one vapellie. There's a few handy wicking videos on the YouTube. Could be helpful. As you say not hugely fussy just keep the wicks of the deck but more of that later.

Aaaand just burned my second Nautilus coil of the day.. so frustrated.

0.7 coil running at 12w with 50/50 juice.. I'm about to throw this mod out the window grrrr

Now I have 2 1.8 coils remaining until this delivers which will be probably by Thursday

Hi Vlaqko,
Sorry to jump in on your conversation. You seem to have a bad batch of coils. They should last you at the very least 3 days not 3 in a day.
You say you are chaining your vape? You haven’t said what mg nic your juice is. Have you thought about upping your mg’s.

Back
Top Bottom