What's new

Kayfun Prime - Leaking Issues

Hi, everything seemed to wick well after a few pulls. Now I’m getting nasty dry hits! I started on 15watts so I came all the way down and dry burnt taste.

Cheers ‍♂️

This is a rather long video but in terms of wicking it is exactly how I do it. Watch it from about 30 minutes to see how he builds it. I use a 2.5mm 27ga kanthal spaced coil at around 1 ohm. Getting a good vape out of the KFP, like any other atty, is a balance. If you use more cotton you need to open the jfc more, if you use less the jfc needs to be closed more. If you use a high VG liquid you need more jfc, less for a 50:50 liquid. I would try building a 2.5mm coil, trim the tails of the wick so that they are just long enough to touch the bottoms of the juice wells, trim about 20% of the cotton off on both sides before putting the tails into the juice wells. You could do a lot worse than watching the video from beginning to end, 44 minutes of your life well spent :)

This is a rather long video but in terms of wicking it is exactly how I do it. Watch it from about 30 minutes to see how he builds it. I use a 2.5mm 27ga kanthal spaced coil at around 1 ohm. Getting a good vape out of the KFP, like any other atty, is a balance. If you use more cotton you need to open the jfc more, if you use less the jfc needs to be closed more. If you use a high VG liquid you need more jfc, less for a 50:50 liquid. I would try building a 2.5mm coil, trim the tails of the wick so that they are just long enough to touch the bottoms of the juice wells, trim about 20% of the cotton off on both sides before putting the tails into the juice wells. You could do a lot worse than watching the video from beginning to end, 44 minutes of your life well spent :)

Ahhhhhhh thanks dude! I definitely will watch the entire voice. I can tell it’s a hit or miss with this thing. I think I’ll try normal Japan cotton this time, as I’ve been playing with cotton bacon. I had the same issue with my beloved subtank mini which I still love, but once I got the wick right, it never failed.

Thanks for your help [emoji106][emoji119]

Back
Top Bottom