What's new

Kayfun lite is (no longer) crap *fixed

Well, after a few days of use I’m afraid the gurgle is back, alongside the crap flavor and loud duck noises, and alongside all that it’s now also leaking and spitting. It worked ok for about a day, I’ve tried building this thing in every possible way now and it’s just terrible, I’m tired of wasting coils and juice on it, it’s going back in its box. Not an enjoyable experience all in all. Shame, as the few minutes of decent vape I got from it were great, but it’s really not worth this amount of effort. As someone said above, maybe it’s just not for me, I usually have no issues with MTL builds but either I’m doing something wrong or it’s just not for me. Glad I didn’t pay full price for it anyway..

i cut my wick ends on the long side. push it down making my wick fold up. cut the excess wick. this style creates a wall similar to what is needed on a dvarw. i guess thats why i dont experience gurgling of flooding/leaks. you may be using to little cotton.

I'm wondering if you are in the habit of filling as much as possible. A couple of times I've tried to fill completely and have ended up overdoing it slightly and forcing juice into the chamber when I've screwed it together - and the end result is a gurgly mess.
I habitually fill to about 80% capacity now, but it has become so ingrained I forgot about it.

It is tempting to completely fill anything with 2ml capacity, but if you do - don't.

I'm wondering if you are in the habit of filling as much as possible. A couple of times I've tried to fill completely and have ended up overdoing it slightly and forcing juice into the chamber when I've screwed it together - and the end result is a gurgly mess.
I habitually fill to about 80% capacity now, but it has become so ingrained I forgot about it.

It is tempting to completely fill anything with 2ml capacity, but if you do - don't.

my experience was that the gurgling and stuff would happen gradually over time. when i arsed the wick up it would be quite quick. the couple of times i built it better it might have went a week before it started. but it always happened.

one of those many atties that’s a bit divisive, i think.

The tank serves to differentiate the competent from those just winging it :P

CAA1F200-7574-461A-9766-2931C0815DA7.jpeg
Exploded diagram for any one interested

The gurgling happens whether I put in a tiny bit of juice or fill it full, both with loose and tight airflow. It feels like the airflow isn’t particularly airtight, or juice is leaking into somewhere it shouldn’t. But honestly the whole thing is a pain, unscrewing the base is horrible because there’s nothing to hold on to, tightening or loosening the airflow feels like a gamble, it’s entirely joyless. The 5 minutes of functional vaping were great, but just not worth the endless faff when I have another 5 perfectly wicked mtl tanks sitting in front of me..

The tank serves to differentiate the competent from those just winging it :P

Entirely possible that it’s my fault, but in my 8 or so years of building and wicking rta’s I don’t think I’ve made a single one leak or gurgle like this. I’ve done a few crap builds over the years, sure, but never had issues like this with any tank, dtl or mtl. Watched a bunch of videos to see if I was messing up somewhere, but I don’t think I’m doing anything vastly different to how others build on the Kayfun lite.

@qbass00

If your finding juice in the base section, it can only be Oring 12 or 13 as in above post diagram

The gurgling will come from juice dripping into pos PIN number 14

No air adjustment will be O ring 18 covering the slot on number 14

Hope this makes sense.

Ensure the Orings are seated well and all will be dandy

I’ve not gone back through the whole thread
But I’ve had a clone that had two grub screws in the positive air pin.
Remove the grub screw and have a look to make sure it’s not the case
Possible cause of no adjustment

Back
Top Bottom