What's new

jac vapour DNA 75 or Aegis Solo?

I had to have a quick google as I know nothing about Jac Vapour. I was initially pretty excited at the prospect of getting a new DNA 75 mod for 65 - 70 quid. Then I noticed the diameter of the top plate is 23mm - the only 23mm tank I own is a clone GT4S which would look pretty stupid on it, even my MTL tanks are 24mm. I have a few 22mm RDAs but I only use them in squonk mode as dripping on tiny juice wells doesn't do it for me.

I only have a single DNA60 mod and personally I find having to connect to eScribe to adjust TC a total pain in the arse. Doing simple things like changing TC wattage involves constantly hooking up to a PC - if there is a simple way to do it on the mod I haven't found it yet, and I find the menu rather cumbersome compared to mainstream Chinese mods and not particularly intuitive. The DNA75 is also an older Evolv board and I think you may have the same issue of being dependent on eScribe to change settings unless you use the same atty on the mod However, if you are a wattage vaper it is simple to use and performs flawlessly - my DNA60 Dovpo College is more instant to ramp up and fire than any mainstream Chinese mod I own in Wattage mode, and I don't use boost. Unfortunately I don't like eScribe.

If I used lots of 22 - 23mm atties I would definitely buy this mod despite my difficulties remembering how to use the menu and being dependent on eScribe, but I don't. In this case I'd choose the Aegis Solo.

I had a JAC many moons ago, quality bit of kit. Wouldn't suit me now though.

Trust me, I have 3. You can do everything on the mod.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

Maybe I'm being thick here but I've never found a way to adjust the wattage when in TC mode unless I go into escribe and change it inside the profile - I can change the profile to Wattage dominant (or whatever it's called) in eScribe so I can adjust the Wattage on the mod, but this means I have to change the temperature via eScribe which just gives me a different problem.

I'm sure there MUST be a way to do this on the mod, however the instructions that came with the mod were laughably inaccurate. If you know of a simple way to sort this on the mod, without being dependent on eScribe, I'd appreciate it

I linked the pdf that explains how to cycle it.

Well done bud. Yep the dna75 is far superior to the aegis in my mind and jac have been superb for quality and guarentee.
They where great On here too. Quite a lot of apes had a hand in road testing that mod too.
Dna75s are my second favourite evolve board just piped by the older 60 but that more down to my to my idiosyncrasies than anything else. Both board's have all the settings for common tc wires preloaded plus the option to set your own coefficient levels and as you say tons of available firmware on escribe of you want to personalise it.
I'm sure they upgraded the sandstorm versions to 25mm too a few years back but could be wrong. There's a huge testing thread that really goes through the whole thing of anyone wants to have a look in the search engine.
Ultimately the aegis is a smok with a new logo. Great bit of modern kit with loads of features but it's not a long life mod.

Last edited:

I've read through it slowly, several times - although it clearly states you can change the temperature and power settings in each profile, I can't find any specific instructions on how to adjust the wattage when in a TC profile, adjusting the temp is easy - however I've had to go to eScribe for everything else. If instructions on how to do it are actually written on that PDF, sorry - I can't find them.

Back
Top Bottom