What's new

Innokin EQ FLTR

Simon G

Olympian
I won this in the Innokin comp a while back and thought I would start a thread in case anyone was thinking of buying one for a smoking relative.

I only got this today, so I've not been using it for long, I'll keep using it on and off until the coils are dead though, so I'll have clearer thoughts on it in the future (that I will add) but for now here's my initial thoughts.

First off the price, I've seen these online for around £15 which is a great price, I chucked a lot more than that down when I first decided to try vaping, so not complaints on the price, it's cheap enough to give it a try for a smoker.

It's quite simple to fill and set up, but not as simple as a pod where you just pop a pod in. You do have to push and twist to remove the pod to fill it and to replace the coil. It's nothing crazy complicated but it's not as self explanatory as some devices and the very old, or people with finger/hand strength issues might struggle a little.

The cigarette 'filter' size and feel mouth piece I think is genius, I'm very surprised nobody has done this before (or maybe they have) you get 5 of these in the box (they are disposable, I'll update more about that later) it's the closest feeling I've ever had to smoking from a vaping product with that physical sense on your lips and an automatic draw. This doesn't have the clever tech like the Evolv device, but it does a good job of being 'cigarette like' without it (and without the price) It might be just the effect on my brain but my tobacco liquid even tastes more like tobacco. :D

If you asked me right now if I would recommend this for a smoker I would absolutely say yes, dangerously it's kind of making me feel a little nostalgic for smoking. ... and as someone who's got very used to vaping it's taking me a little time to 'convert' to using this, you do have to pull on it like you would a cigarette, I'm kind of used to pushing the button and letting the device do the work .. only gently drawing to get the vapour, you can't be lazy like that with the EQ FLTR, you have to puff it like a smoker to get the best out of it.

I'm not sure I would recommend this to seasoned vapers and it's obviously not designed for us. ... but then again I am enjoying it at the moment.

I'll do a weekly update or something to let you know how I feel in time, but seriously Innokin deserve praise for bringing this to market and when Innokin have figured out how to do something like Evolv's 'auto wattage change' this will be the perfect platform for it.

More info here: https://www.innokin.com/eq-fltr

Thanks for the prize @Innokin . :)

Last edited:
I won this in the Innokin comp a while back and thought I would start a thread in case anyone was thinking of buying one for a smoking relative.

I only got this today, so I've not been using it for long, I'll keep using it on and off until the coils are dead though, so I'll have clearer thoughts on it in the future (that I will add) but for now here's my initial thoughts.

First off the price, I've seen these online for around £15 which is a great price, I chucked a lot more than that down when I first decided to try vaping, so not complaints on the price, it's cheap enough to give it a try for a smoker.

It's quite simple to fill and set up, but not as simple as a pod where you just pop a pod in. You do have to push and twist to remove the pod to fill it and to replace the coil. It's nothing crazy complicated but it's not as self explanatory as some devices and the very old, or people with finger/hand strength issues might struggle a little.

The cigarette 'filter' size and feel mouth piece I think is genius, I'm very surprised nobody has done this before (or maybe they have) you get 5 of these in the box (they are disposable, I'll update more about that later) it's the closest feeling I've ever had to smoking from a vaping product with that physical sense on your lips and an automatic draw. This doesn't have the clever tech like the Evolv device, but it does a good job of being 'cigarette like' without it (and without the price) It might be just the effect on my brain but my tobacco liquid even tastes more like tobacco. :D

If you asked me right now if I would recommend this for a smoker I would absolutely say yes, dangerously it's kind of making me feel a little nostalgic for smoking. ... and as someone who's got very used to vaping it's taking me a little time to 'convert' to using this, you do have to pull on it like you would a cigarette, I'm kind of used to pushing the button and letting the device do the work .. only gently drawing to get the vapour, you can't be lazy like that with the EQ FLTR, you have to puff it like a smoker to get the best out of it.

I'm not sure I would recommend this to seasoned vapers and it's obviously not designed for us. ... but then again I am enjoying it at the moment.

I'll do a weekly update or something to let you know how I feel in time, but seriously Innokin deserve praise for bringing this to market and when Innokin have figured out how to do something like Evolv's 'auto wattage change' this will be the perfect platform for it.

More info here: https://www.innokin.com/eq-fltr

Thanks for the prize @Innokin . :)

I received a couple of these from @Innokin for review today. Can't wait to give them a try...

Peace, prosperity and freedom from austerity to you all,

Bestest regards,

Probably not for me but am interested to see how you get on Simon.

When I first saw their advertising for it, I thought that the mouth piece would be the breakthrough. Just something that feels like a cigarette in the mouth rather than a cold piece of plastic or metal.
The fact it makes you "feel a little nostalgic for smoking" just shows how useful this device could be for getting people off the stinkies. It's just a shame they're not allowed to advertise to a much wider audience to put the things out there.

A little update...

I've switched over to the regular plastic mouth piece (included) which is approx the same size and shape as the 'filters' .... I did this because the filter tip was getting kind of soggy and manky. While the actual device performs the same with the plastic tip, it doesn't feel the same to use and I'm more convinced that the softer filter tip would be a good thing for smokers. Going on my experience so far I don't think you would want to use of these tips for longer than a day and maybe even one for the daytime and another for the evening/night.

These tips seem to be about a fiver for x10 in the UK, which if you are using 1 or even two a day seems to be quite a high cost to me. I'm sure they were supposed to be only a couple bucks, so I was expecting more like £1.99 for a pack of 10. ... but 50p each? :hmm:

I'd think the best course of action would be to maybe use these for a while and then switch to the plastic tip for a while before switching to a tank/mod if you wanted to. I still think it would help someone transition quicker, especially if they dumped the used, brown, soggy tips into an ashtray. :D ... for someone who's not smoked for almost 5 years that is kind of gross though! :D

A little update...

I've switched over to the regular plastic mouth piece (included) which is approx the same size and shape as the 'filters' .... I did this because the filter tip was getting kind of soggy and manky. While the actual device performs the same with the plastic tip, it doesn't feel the same to use and I'm more convinced that the softer filter tip would be a good thing for smokers. Going on my experience so far I don't think you would want to use of these tips for longer than a day and maybe even one for the daytime and another for the evening/night.

These tips seem to be about a fiver for x10 in the UK, which if you are using 1 or even two a day seems to be quite a high cost to me. I'm sure they were supposed to be only a couple bucks, so I was expecting more like £1.99 for a pack of 10. ... but 50p each? :hmm:

I'd think the best course of action would be to maybe use these for a while and then switch to the plastic tip for a while before switching to a tank/mod if you wanted to. I still think it would help someone transition quicker, especially if they dumped the used, brown, soggy tips into an ashtray. :D ... for someone who's not smoked for almost 5 years that is kind of gross though! :D
I reckon if they made the vape warmer they'd hit the nail on the head.
as you say you'd have loved have tech this good at these prices when we switched.

I reckon if they made the vape warmer they'd hit the nail on the head.
as you say you'd have loved have tech this good at these prices when we switched.

yeah, agreed I was going to mention this on my next update

The power level is stated in the manual at 13.5w - 10w ... there's no adjustment, so I presume this is fully charged to almost dead. For me it's great after first charging but after a while it really starts to drop off to the point where I'm like 'is this still working?'

.. at a guess I's say it's great from 13.5w down to 12w then under that 11.5w -10w it starts to feel under powered and weak. Which is a shame because it means the usable battery life is actually half of what you'd expect. It would have been much better to have a regulated fixed wattage output and design the coil to work perfectly with that wattage.

yeah, agreed I was going to mention this on my next update

The power level is stated in the manual at 13.5w - 10w ... there's no adjustment, so I presume this is fully charged to almost dead. For me it's great after first charging but after a while it really starts to drop off to the point where I'm like 'is this still working?'

.. at a guess I's say it's great from 13.5w down to 12w then under that 11.5w -10w it starts to feel under powered and weak. Which is a shame because it means the usable battery life is actually half of what you'd expect. It would have been much better to have a regulated fixed wattage output and design the coil to work perfectly with that wattage.
Agree. I think it's ok with the plastic tube but could do with a mini clapton style pod that hits around the top teens wattage to carry a warmer vape though the filter.
The clever thing about the little evolv reflex is it you drag hard and fast like you would if stressed with a cig, you get that super hot "ouch" lip feel. Really messes with your head.

..... also I'm on the second coil now too, which isn't great... I've maybe filled it 5 times, so 10ml.

That's not good enough in my book, it's a pretty tiny coil shell though, so I guess it is going to get gunked pretty quickly.

It's a good effort (and I still think it's a good price) but there's defo room for some improvements in a V2.

Back
Top Bottom