Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 1-1.2 mm . Tight but not that tight

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • 1.3 mm - 1.5 Loose Mtl

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • >1.5mm Airy Mary

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
@zouzounaki I don't think yours was defective, it only makes a little bit of difference.

For example, it drops my longest single draw time by just over a second on the largest hole, compared to the smallest. It also alters the way the draw feels, and I don't like it. That makes it too loose for me, as even on the smallest hole, I'd prefer it a bit tighter, but I am comfortable there.

Thanks, see if I can adjust my vote or not.

The other point that was coming up in my head is can we use airflow under the coil to measure how someone likes their draw? I thought the diameter of that was more to do with concentration and air pressure...

Since most people own the sxk doggy style, I'll use that again. It is a stock 1.6mm hole, however one person might run it wide open, the other might have it closed to a pinhole. Those are different draws on the same airflow jet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

That’s true @Toastie .

There are people that don’t like restricting airflow with the ring though, and would rather adjust the air hole under the coil.

There’s also the internal design of the chamber, coil size and proximity to the hole, amount of cotton in there etc. to take into account.

I have a 0.8mm reducer in my dvarw at the minute for example, and it seems a bit looser than my salix which has the 1mm hole.

I think the area of two 0.7mm circles is less that one 1.4mm circle though. So I’m sure it will work out tighter than 1.4. Maybe somebody who’s better than me at maths will be able to tell us. @speedfreek67 ? ;)
Yup. :). It's more obvious if you look at it.

TanCir.1.jpg

The other point that was coming up in my head is can we use airflow under the coil to measure how someone likes their draw? I thought the diameter of that was more to do with concentration and air pressure...

Since most people own the sxk doggy style, I'll use that again. It is a stock 1.6mm hole, however one person might run it wide open, the other might have it closed to a pinhole. Those are different draws on the same airflow jet. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Yup - I run my Doggies with less than a full circle open - like this (). :)

That’s true @Toastie .

There are people that don’t like restricting airflow with the ring though, and would rather adjust the air hole under the coil.

There’s also the internal design of the chamber, coil size and proximity to the hole, amount of cotton in there etc. to take into account.

I have a 0.8mm reducer in my dvarw at the minute for example, and it seems a bit looser than my salix which has the 1mm hole.

Yeah the Dvarw doesn't even have an afc iirc. Still plan on picking up the coppervape clone at some point, I hear its the best version.

Yup - I run my Doggies with less than a full circle open - like this (). :)

Me too, well I did until the hastur replaced it. Still need to clean it out and put it to bed. Will now serve as an emergency tank.

Back
Top Bottom