What's new

Hellvape MD MTL RTA Help!!

quincey43

Achiever
I recently got this tank and put a build in wicked it dam type and it worked great. Changed my juice and rewicked it and it leaked from the air intake a whole tank full. I tried again with a bit more cotton and left it sat overnight not a drop leaked but as soon as I put it on a mod and took a toot leaked everywhere again. I tried a 3mm coil and changed the o rings and once again it sat with no leaks until I put it on a mod again them bam leaked everywhere!! I'm not sure what to try now or it will just go away as a failure. I can't close the air intake completely as the holes always show just a little don't know if this has anything to do with it oh and when I take the base off the wick is totally saturated. I am sure I am missing something so if anyone else has one of these and can come up with any ideas to cure this I would be most grateful.

I had same problem, either is leaking or not wicking,fix for me was to throw it in the drawer :D

I'm using 2.5mm coils and having no problem. Are you making sure that wick isn't touching the air disc thing?
Also are you tucking wick into the wick area as opposed to dangling it on top?

I found that you have to thin the wick pretty substantially for a 3mm coil

I had same problem, either is leaking or not wicking,fix for me was to throw it in the drawer :D
I'm sure that's where it will end up!! I have loads of tanks and no problems with the others so don't know what the problem is with this one.

I'm using 2.5mm coils and having no problem. Are you making sure that wick isn't touching the air disc thing?

The first build I did was a 2.5mm coil maybe I am not putting enough cotton in the wick holes will try again, I don't like to be beaten by leaking tanks and I really enjoyed my first build so I will persevere!!

I have put a new o ring on the air disc and a 2.5mm coil also a bit more cotton and so far so good!!

So far with this tank I enjoy the vape. HOWEVER, it leaks from the air holes. It’s a nightmare to fill with ejuice as it just comes back at you and the air discs on mine are hard to completely put in. Anyone else have that issue with the discs? It’s almost like they are too big for the hole?

So far with this tank I enjoy the vape. HOWEVER, it leaks from the air holes. It’s a nightmare to fill with ejuice as it just comes back at you and the air discs on mine are hard to completely put in. Anyone else have that issue with the discs? It’s almost like they are too big for the hole?
Managed to solve the leaking with a bit more cotton in the wick holes. I have a bit of a stupid question probably. This is the first time I have used 2.5mm coils. Is there a trick to get enough cotton through the coil without destroying it to ensure there is enough cotton for wicking and stopping the leaking, think I fluked it and wrecked a coil in the process

Managed to solve the leaking with a bit more cotton in the wick holes. I have a bit of a stupid question probably. This is the first time I have used 2.5mm coils. Is there a trick to get enough cotton through the coil without destroying it to ensure there is enough cotton for wicking and stopping the leaking, think I fluked it and wrecked a coil in the process

In my experience you still only need a comfortable amount through the coil. I always find I have plenty enough for the wick channels and for some tanks I actually thin out the tails.

In my experience you still only need a comfortable amount through the coil. I always find I have plenty enough for the wick channels and for some tanks I actually thin out the tails.
I only have one other RTA the Zeus X and I thin out the tails on that a lot but with the MD tank it has been p***ing out juice without loads of cotton. Any idea what the coils are that came with it ?

Back
Top Bottom