What's new

Hellvape MD 24mm MTL RTA

I did have this but passed it on to a friend for a few beer tokens ... never had so much as the deck flooding .. I do remember from constant use it would build up a lot of liquid in the cotton and randomly drip down into the air disk ... a few gurgles and all that but definitely not leaking ...

I think from me more I did a Scots roll method ,, no fluffing and just enough to pack out the juice wells but not right ... also always used the oem drop tip as the top slider was rather loose on mine and I could see it opening without that little nub on the tip

As others have said, I have found just fillings the wick holes well but not ramming it in hard works for me

As much as the MD was my favourite rta, the random wicking problems and the lack of spare straight glass in the uk, meant it eventually got replaced by the Pioneer.

I still prefer the draw from the MD over all of the rta's I tried last year, but can't be bothered with it's niggles.

Btw I never used the supplied drip tip.

Even after screwing the cotton through either a 2.5mm or 3mm coil, I'd still get random leaking.

And I've had dry hits with 60%+PG mix. Cut 1mm off the length of the wick at either end & it would then wick like a champ...

Plus it looks ugly with bubble glass ( doesn't everything? )

And I have a thing for small 22mm rta's atm.

Last edited:
Even after screwing the cotton through either a 2.5mm or 3mm coil, I'd still get random leaking.

Found exactly the same, the tank just randomly leaks, I even went with a 3mm coil & didn't thin the cotton & would still leak depending on which way the wind was blowing

Great vape, pain in the arse to deal with, anything that leaks onto my mods after a few tries gets benched

Great vape, pain in the arse to deal with, anything that leaks onto my mods after a few tries gets benched

The only rta I tried last year that was pretty much hassle-free was the Ares2. It just works.

If only the flavour was better, and it was 5mm or so shorter. And looked like the Pioneer :)

As much as the MD was my favourite rta, the random wicking problems and the lack of spare straight glass in the uk, meant it eventually got replaced by the Pioneer.

I still prefer the draw from the MD over all of the rta's I tried last year, but can't be bothered with it's niggles.

Btw I never used the supplied drip tip.

And I've had dry hits with 60%+PG mix. Cut 1mm off the length of the wick at either end & it would then wick like a champ...

Plus it looks ugly with bubble glass ( doesn't everything? )

And I have a thing for small 22mm rta's atm.

Hi just for future reference the straight glass for a voopoo uforce 2 also works with the MD

Back
Top Bottom