What's new

Geekvape Ammit MTL RTA

kohoutec

Initiate
Anyone got this yet? Ecigone have them in stock so jumped on one yesterday and it's arrived.
First build was a complete gurgly disaster but I've tried again and it's seeming better.
It's certainly put together well just hope the first build was me getting to know it!
Little bit noisy but I guess it will be with top airflow

Anyone got this yet? Ecigone have them in stock so jumped on one yesterday and it's arrived.
First build was a complete gurgly disaster but I've tried again and it's seeming better.
It's certainly put together well just hope the first build was me getting to know it!
Little bit noisy but I guess it will be with top airflow

How is the airflow compare to other well known rtas @kohoutec?

I can only compare it to the MTL tanks I own, which are Digiflavor Siren 2, Vapefly Galaxies, and Innokin Ares

I would say the range of airflow options are very similar to the siren 2 (in fact apart from being top airflow the ring looks almost identical). Wide open you can get a restricted DL but that's not really why we're here I guess and doesn't hold much interest for me.
The tightest option isnt as tight as some but it's a nice draw, definitely tighter than the Ares. I'm currently running it on the 2nd smallest option which I would say is similar to the vapefly Galaxies with one of the holes closed and the 2 hole cube.

Not very good at reviews and don't have many points of reference so take it with a pinch of salt [emoji16]
As I said my first build was a complete fecking disaster, it was gurgling, spitting juice and generally horrible, but used more cotton and it's much better, the wicking ports aren't that big but I think it still needs a fair bit of cotton in them to stop it getting messy. Got a 2.5 nichrome microcoil at around 0.8 in there which is usually about what I go for, at around 18w.
The Galaxies is my favourite tank so far, so I'm kinda comparing it to that... Only had this a few hours so need more time with it, not sure the flavour is matching it but time will tell.
Seems thirstier but that's probably just me hitting it hard all afternoon trying to get to grips with it
How is the airflow compare to other well known rtas @kohoutec?

Oh and btw despite getting it over here in blighty mine wasn't remotely TPD compliant [emoji6]

I have the Ares, beserker, siren 2 and galaxies.
Siren 2 just constantly leaks no matter what I try thru air holes so for this reason it’s rubbish. As too is the Ares. The beserker is just too tight a draw. Love the galaxies. Decent all round and doesn’t shed the juice.
Gonna buy the Ammit so we’ll see

Siren 2 just constantly leaks no matter what I try thru air holes so for this reason it’s rubbish. As too is the Ares. The beserker is just too tight a draw. Love the galaxies. Decent all round and doesn’t shed the juice.
I like a tighter draw than you obviously do, but let us know how you get on with it - I'll be interested to see. :)

I agree on the Siren 2, good flavor but you have to have paper towels handy, leaks until you start vaping and then seems to taper off.
I have had better luck with the Ares. No leaking here.
Returned the berserker, could not get the post screws lose heating or freezing.
Galaxy seems a bit pricey, but maybe I will give it a try.

I agree on the Siren 2, good flavor but you have to have paper towels handy, leaks until you start vaping and then seems to taper off.
I have had better luck with the Ares. No leaking here.
Returned the berserker, could not get the post screws lose heating or freezing.
Galaxy seems a bit pricey, but maybe I will give it a try.
Got my siren 2 delivered other day, whacked a coil in that came with it (avnt a clue what it is but reading 1ohm),last night, wicked it up, filled it, easy as.
No leaks at all, decent flavour.
Didnt know what to expect of the siren 2, But, tight draw, good flavour (which im suprised by how fucking huge it is) I really really like it.
Id love it if it was 1cm shorter as its like 2/3rds size of my mod. So talk about top heavy.

Got my siren 2 delivered other day, whacked a coil in that came with it (avnt a clue what it is but reading 1ohm),last night, wicked it up, filled it, easy as.
No leaks at all, decent flavour.
Didnt know what to expect of the siren 2, But, tight draw, good flavour (which im suprised by how fucking huge it is) I really really like it.
Id love it if it was 1cm shorter as its like 2/3rds size of my mod. So talk about top heavy.
Beginning to think I have a dud siren 2?
Leaks like the Niagra Falls thru the air holes no matter how I wick it.
Was gonna chick it out.

Beginning to think I have a dud siren 2?
Leaks like the Niagra Falls thru the air holes no matter how I wick it.
Was gonna chick it out.
Dunno, woulda thought machine manufactur would be quite consistent.
I dont know if its of any use, but i vape like 90% Pg juice, which having a low viscosity like water, i use plenty of wick.
What i mean by plenty of wick, i usually cut just over twice the diametre of coil (roughly x2.5) then fold over, without compressing it or twisting it (apart from end to thread) it ends up quite snug in the coil.
After a light fluff of the ends, theres plenty of wick to plug up the juice holes really well, but because the fibres arnt compressed or twisted or anything, the juice soaked into it can channel easily to the coil so never get dry hits either :s

I dunno, might just be easier to wick for high pg juice since it’ll soak into anything anyway easier than vg.

Back
Top Bottom