What's new

Gate MTL RTA by Ambition Mods

Still no reply to my email regarding the deck screws, wondering if maybe it is being diverted to their spam folder... Sadly, I've now rounded one deck screw, my own fault completely. Another two are crooked and ready for the heads to snap off.

If I try to mount the coil like most of the reviewers do, without wrapping it around the screw at all, the wire is not secure even when the deck screw is all the way down. Wiggling the legs to snap the excess leads, moves the coil around. Wrapping the lead around the screws only works about 25% of the time, as the wire still likes to slip out from underneath the head and get trapped to one side, but not enough to hold the coil firm.

So it is now at the point where I need to either know the screw dimensions ASAP so I can order better quality non-hex ones, or it's refund/replacement.

I know Naturevape is highly rated for customer service so I'm giving them the benefit of doubt that they probably just have not received my email somehow. If Mark is a member, it'd be much appreciated if someone is able to tag him in this post.

Let's just say I'm not very amused at this point, as my favourite tank is about to become unusable after less than a week.

Hi @Toastie, I'm not sure but I don't think Mark from Naturevape is a member here. First of all, if you PM me your address I'll send you the spares kit from one of mine which should keep you going for a while. Also, on the back of the box the atty came in there is an email address for Ambition Mods, [email protected]. It's possible that Mark is trying to find the information for you from Ambition Mods himself which is why there is a delay in replying to you. Finally I have some electronic calipers but the battery has run out. It only needs a CR2032 battery which I'm sure I have around here somewhere (I'm sure my wife will know exactly where :)). If I can measure one of the screws it should be fairly easy to identify which screws they are using from the measurements. One way or another we will keep your favourite atty off the ornaments shelf :2thumbsup:

Hi @Toastie, I'm not sure but I don't think Mark from Naturevape is a member here. First of all, if you PM me your address I'll send you the spares kit from one of mine which should keep you going for a while. Also, on the back of the box the atty came in there is an email address for Ambition Mods, [email protected]. It's possible that Mark is trying to find the information for you from Ambition Mods himself which is why there is a delay in replying to you. Finally I have some electronic calipers but the battery has run out. It only needs a CR2032 battery which I'm sure I have around here somewhere (I'm sure my wife will know exactly where :)). If I can measure one of the screws it should be fairly easy to identify which screws they are using from the measurements. One way or another we will keep your favourite atty off the ornaments shelf :2thumbsup:

That would be much appreciated, thanks. I did consider that he may be trying to find out, assumed he would have said so though. Never noticed their email address, will pop off an email to them next week if Mark has not been in contact.

I've been through all the different spares for other tanks I have and they are all too big.

I bought one of these and I`m disappointed with it. I also had problems with the screws so I took them out and looked at them through a magnifier. The threaded part does not go all the way to the head, there is a very small step in between and it is this gap where the wire gets trapped but not held tightly.

The other problem I have with this is the design of the liquid control. There are 2 tiny slots on either side of the deck and a huge slot on the rotating bell, the upper edge of which partially obstructs the slots. The slot is so big that much of it`s "adjustment " is superfluous. They even designed a taper into the slot for fine liquid control but it`s useless.

Although there are 2 liquid control slots you can only see one of them properly, and not that well, because of the cage at he bottom of the tank section.

Mark Todd suggests not tightening the top-cap ring in case it binds but since there is no `O` ring to hold it I found it coming loose one or twice.

Given these problems I wouldn`t recommend it.

Thanks for the input. It's nice to hear I'm not the only one with the deck screw issues.

Sounds like problems are down to manufacturing differences. The JFC does work for me, slight flooding if I don't use it, none if I do. I will admit that it did cross my mind whether partially closing it for thinner liquids would even work. Kept mine fully open though with 50/50.

Its a shame I can't get a picture, I'd need a macro lens. But if I hold my damaged screws up to the light, the head is crooked by a good few degrees, on the verge of snapping.

Hopefully Steve's kind offer will fix that issue for me. For now I've wicked the doggy up again, whilst we wait. My flavours arrived so mixed up 2x 100ml of a simple, supposedly tribecca style recipe I found. One bottle is going for a long steep.

For anyone interested that's FA Meringue at 3% and FA Soho at 7%. Snv, I'm getting a mild nutty, popcorn tobacco. I get used to liquids very fast, heard mixing lower overall flavour percentage can help with that.

I managed to get my measuring thingy working and made a really bad drawing of the screw and the measurements. Hopefully it will make sense. Not sure if there's a technical name for screws with these measurements but maybe we can get some advice

Attachments

• DSC_0106.JPG
    DSC_0106.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
Kayfun Prime screws are M1.6x4 maybe they'll do :D

I managed to get my measuring thingy working and made a really bad drawing of the screw and the measurements. Hopefully it will make sense. Not sure if there's a technical name for screws with these measurements but maybe we can get some advice

Just the info we needed, cheers Steve. I know there's supposed to be a good fixings and fasteners type place near the town I live in, should be able to take those measurements in to them. If that falls through then it'll be ebay or fasttech.

Not sure if the prime screws will fit, haven't got any to try, but the kayfun 5 spares I have, the threading section is way too thick, in fact, it's the same deal with all my spares from other tanks.

I'd imagine there'll be a few useless orders till you hit the mark, just been through the same dance myself trying to source compression springs for a mech. Got there after the second attempt though, perseverance is the key :D

Back
Top Bottom