What's new

Flash e-Vapor v4.5s - Any good?

Cloners don't take quite as strict a view as other manufacturers.

glad you like the FeV, the chinese MTL AFC screws will allow you to dial down the draw to your preferred tightness - i too found the draw with 1 1.2mm screw slightly too loose.

as far as clone vs authentic goes, a Russian youtube channel focused on MTL basically said that they vape exactly the same, however the original is machined perfectly (literally - the guy who makes FeVs is a master metal worker), the tolerances are perfect, the tank doesn't wobble and so on. The clone isn't that perfect and tends to wobble. Other than that, they are 1:1.

I already have the airflow screws on order from FT, should be dispatched soon. I actually love the draw at the moment though. I'm so glad people talked me into taking a gamble on the airflow, thank you all for that.

Mine doesn't seem to wobble, unless I'm misunderstanding you. If I had to say something bad about the machining, I'd say the deck screws are a bit crunchy, they don't feel great screwing in and out. Maybe they're not machined well, or it could be because I didn't remove the screws when cleaning it, possibly metal shavings between the threads?

I rewicked it late last night, still nothing else bad to say.

Just rinsed the tank off and rewicked to change juice. Put some of Les's Flue Cured Virginia in, I know how this juice tastes in multiple tanks. Compared to the Hastur Mini, the flavour is not only different, note wise, but stronger for me, I'm veru pleased with that.

The only persistent issue I'm having, that has been mentioned by a few is getting the deck back on. I just struggled to clear both o-rings, then struggled even more to get the final click.

I already have the airflow screws on order from FT, should be dispatched soon. I actually love the draw at the moment though. I'm so glad people talked me into taking a gamble on the airflow, thank you all for that.

Mine doesn't seem to wobble, unless I'm misunderstanding you. If I had to say something bad about the machining, I'd say the deck screws are a bit crunchy, they don't feel great screwing in and out. Maybe they're not machined well, or it could be because I didn't remove the screws when cleaning it, possibly metal shavings between the threads?

I rewicked it late last night, still nothing else bad to say.

It might just be my old clone - my new clone has better tolerances.

you get the wobble if you grab the tank section and try to move it side to side / forwards and backwards- you'll feel the whole top section (basically the RTA without the build deck) move around a bit.
it's not a big deal :) i guess if i got my hands on the original RTA i'd make fun of the clones too.

Oh and as far as the TPD shipping goes, i'd guess domestic packages don't get screened, however "imports" from a different country do.

It might just be my old clone - my new clone has better tolerances.

you get the wobble if you grab the tank section and try to move it side to side / forwards and backwards- you'll feel the whole top section (basically the RTA without the build deck) move around a bit.
it's not a big deal :) i guess if i got my hands on the original RTA i'd make fun of the clones too.

Oh and as far as the TPD shipping goes, i'd guess domestic packages don't get screened, however "imports" from a different country do.

Mines the newer one and it is still very tight to get the build deck on, off is easier. As long as it doesn't damage the o-rings over time, I'm fine. I wonder if they will bed in with use...

I've just tried to make mine wobble, the only section that moves on mine is the deck, even when grabbing the tank and trying to make the top section move side to side, doesn't happen. Maybe I got lucky.

definitely not that, people order from china to get non tpd gear, for example. i think it’s more likely european vendors are more likely to want to comply with the european laws.

definitely not that, people order from china to get non tpd gear, for example. i think it’s more likely european vendors are more likely to want to comply with the european laws.

ah ok, that makes sense- we are talking about a german vendor here :)

After a day with the NET, thought I'd rewick and stick the Powow Tribute back in. I've rewicked twice in the last 10 minutes. I tried the short tails method for the first time, felt like the draw was looser so went back to my usual, pictured below.

_20200806_011423.JPG

Anyone have any tips to stop this tank from leaking on me? I've tried different types of wicking etc. Everytime I fill up, a couple of hours later the juice has left the tank and flooded the deck and liquid coming out of the airflow.

Last edited:
Anyone have any tips to stop this tank from leaking on me? I've tried different types of wicking etc. Everytime I fill up, a couple of hours later the juice has left the tank and flooded the deck and liquid coming out of the airflow.

I honestly have no idea, have you wicked it as per my picture? Could be worth posting a picture of your build and wicking so we can see.

I was actually quite surprised to find out that if you pull the deck and leave the tank sitting the right way up, juice will not drip out of the little stainless wicks, even with 50/50. The system only seems to work with pressure, so you can definitely rule out a damaged o-ring causing the flooding that would actually cause a dry hit with this tank.

Back
Top Bottom