What's new

Dvarw or Kayfun? (Or other)

I’ve bought a genuine Lite recently, the aerokon job and I’m quite happy with it after fiddling with a few different builds in it, the aerokon works well and is pretty quiet, definitely quieter than the older version.
I’ve got both the original and FL Dvarw’s both clones and to be honest there’s not a lot between them and the KFL vape wise, the Dvarw probably is a bit quieter but I’ve never been keen on the wicking arrangement, I find it a bit of a faff with the top cap and chimney and just resting the wick ends against the juice holes seems a bit hit and miss although it usually works ok.
Both seem leakproof to me and look the part, if I had to choose one it would be the KFL but not by much, and if it was the pre aerokon version it would definitely be the Dvarw I’d choose.

I’ve bought a genuine Lite recently, the aerokon job and I’m quite happy with it after fiddling with a few different builds in it, the aerokon works well and is pretty quiet, definitely quieter than the older version.
I’ve got both the original and FL Dvarw’s both clones and to be honest there’s not a lot between them and the KFL vape wise, the Dvarw probably is a bit quieter but I’ve never been keen on the wicking arrangement, I find it a bit of a faff with the top cap and chimney and just resting the wick ends against the juice holes seems a bit hit and miss although it usually works ok.
Both seem leakproof to me and look the part, if I had to choose one it would be the KFL but not by much, and if it was the pre aerokon version it would definitely be the Dvarw I’d choose.

That pretty much sums it up. Both are great RTAs will minor cons. Depends which suits your style and needs really.

it’s interesting how subjective it all is. the thing people think are quirks of the dvarw seem like positives to me, like the wicking arrangement and the bottom fill.

at present the lite is nowhere near the dvarw for me, but i’m going to dig the lite out again, take the whole thing apart and put it back together, check the o rings and making sure everything is tight, and see if i can get a decent puff out it.

It’s all down to what you’re familiar with I think, if you’ve coiled and wicked the same or similar attie for a couple of years then you know how you like it and what you’re going to end up with, the Kayfun and Dvarw decks are totally different set ups, there’s not much you can get wrong on the Dvarw but while the Kayfun is pretty forgiving you do need a bit of practice to get the wick lengths and coil height where it needs to be.
I can’t understand why so many atties have the enclosed wick ports when the open dangle into the bottom of the tank type like the Doggy work so well particularly on bottom fill tanks.

i have the house to myself this morning, so in an effort to avoid the house related stuff i should be doing, i have set up the kfl. i took it all right apart and had a look at the exploded view of it, and it seems i was missing a 9 x 1 o ring inside the base. i managed to find one that looked roughly the right size and stuck it in there, 2.5mm coil with what seems like too much cotton, and pulled it about 2mm above the hole. it is now working quite well, nice and tight, and quieter than usual.

this also makes sense because thinking back, the last time i had this out i was getting random “check atomiser” messages whenever i screwed the airflow closed past a certain point.

so i will see how it goes. i do remember the first time with this new deck and post, thinking it was pretty good then a couple of days later it was gurgling and wheezing. so i will test it out over the coming days and see. maybe i’ve fixed it. maybe not…

I got both and to be honest they are both crackers, they are both different. I find acidic and fruity flavours come up more on the Kayfun 22m 2019 and 2021.

The dvarw is a good all rounder.

Right this second I have bishop, Kayfun 2019 and 21, dvarw and pioneer.

All wicked and I have the Kayfun 2019 and pioneer with me the others are upstairs ;)

I'm surprised the Dvarw is getting so many votes. I have authentic in both and the KFL is head and shoulders ahead for me.

If you vape tobacco the Dvarw really struggles, throat hit too.

TBH I'm almost thinking of selling my Dvarws as I just can't get great flavour from it at all.

Oh that's interesting, especially about the tobacco. I have recently found I do like the odd bit of RM's VC but really it's FlavourArt's Maxx Blend for me and so that makes me wonder if it's worth it. Anybody else replicate chrisd2k's finidngs?

Oh that's interesting, especially about the tobacco. I have recently found I do like the odd bit of RM's VC but really it's FlavourArt's Maxx Blend for me and so that makes me wonder if it's worth it. Anybody else replicate chrisd2k's finidngs?

no, lots of people puff tobaccos in them.

Back
Top Bottom