POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

DVARW Clone V2 new style? @ fasttech

Discussion in 'Mouth to Lung Vaping' started by Vapaneezer Scrooge, Aug 9, 2019.

1. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

Do love the flavour the dvarws offer. It's another tank that proves the rule of the airflow restriction must be at the point of the coil not the airflow ring to provide the absolute best flavour.
    Only downside is the chamber. Nothing wrong with the flavour it provides but due to that extra step of removing it to rewick it doesn't come out to play as often as other's.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fuctifino

Fuctifino Achiever

To me it has to be top fill just for ease of use
    but some of the screw top tanks can try to flood, though there are work-arounds
    & inverting the device on final tighten never seemed to really worked for me much
    (hence me sticking to ultra easy fill & hassle free tanks)

As this has juice control, then flooding is nigh on eliminated
    and the odd tiny faint gurgle was only a very brief thing to begin with & no more

What put me off Dwarv's to begin with was the original bottom fill
    & the plastic thread quickly wearing, plus it being a bit tall, plus cheap & cheerful

A bit of a strip down say every fortnight to rewick ain't no biggy
    if the tank continues to work sweet without issues - I can live with that

Think we've all had tanks that were a bit meeeh that we try to limp along with....
    nahhh fuck this rewick, then recoil & rewick, yeah let's see.....
    nahhh it's still shit, try again & eventually chuck the thing down the garden
    (Well I know I have tried, really tried to give some the benefit of the doubt and keep at it)

It perhaps isn't a tank for first time builders
    but saw a while ago and been meaning to give it go & when 15% = £8:80 or say £7:50
    well wtf, I've spent a lot more for other tanks growing in my back garden

Might order another say end of the month if this little 'un continues to behave

• Like Like x 1
  3. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

See again it shows our differences.
    I vape nanabhozo all day and vape a lot so a wick will last two days at most.
    I've prefered bottom fill over time as most top fill rta's required a juice control which I abore.
    The dvarw threads being metal on the originals have been very good and my goodness how many spares became available for next to nothing. Obviously world wide it's become huge as buying one of the website is no longer an option.
    As you say, it comes down to the juice you use also that can influence your choices. I will probably move the base zero juices I'm vaping into the dvarws as they will not need wicking so often.
    The kayfun lite is the weapon of choice for nana currently due to the formula one style pit stop rewicking, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fuctifino

Fuctifino Achiever

I dunno the Hastur 3.5 is bloomin' easy & forgiving to wick & refill with your eyes shut almost

BUT it has a chimney/funnel a bit too narrow - a touch over 3mm, instead of a bit over 4mm or so
    so creates a moist vape that can be an issue on narrow tips etc.....
    (But as we all tend to accept, all tanks have their flaws or slight imperfections)

That said I'm eyeing up a Dwarv with 3 sizes, so if this one goes tits up & can't get the replacement bits
    well at least I can shove a spare section from the 3in1 classic Dwarv - just in case

yeah coz I haven't got many spare tanks (sarcasm)

5. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

I bought one of the three size ones for the brother in law's pipe and it's spot on.
    Any of the rta's with raised decks within the tank are fine at top fill like the hasturs, sirens and berserker's. The beserker can still gurgle and that's due to the deck being a tad low within the tank. The hastur mini put the deck low too but balanced the air pressure with the smaller chimney.
    I have to run the hastur mini 's at a lower voltage due to the compact chamber.
    It's balancing each element.
    I've a few of the more recent clones like the noi and a few other's to see what's new.
    I think that kayfun, taifun and squape are probably the best and most advanced designed at deck, chimney and airflow but that's to be expected due to the sheer amount of time and money they've spent on testing and development (the kayfun program was ridiculously meticulous).
    That said. Sometimes one of the other manufacturers does a variation on the theme that just by sheer luck works very well indeed.

6. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

Oh, the merlin nano was very good indeed but again it was a design lifted from the 16mm dvarw, which in turn was lifted from squape.
    I know the sxk siren was very popular too with a more rdta approach but that was nicked from the ameripoint rta's.

7. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Vapaneezer Scrooge Vendor

Get a KF Lite, you won't regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tootlevape

Tootlevape Postman

Nah, Kayfun Prime is my weapon of choice :D