What's new

Cthulhu Mulan RDTA review

scumbag

Postman
Been waiting patiently for the Cthulhu Mulan rdta which I've had since today.
Can be found for around £22.99 excluding postage, comes in black or silver.

Included extras:
Long drip tip you probably wont use.
Three airflow adapters which comes with largest installed.
Crappy screwdriver and hex allen key (which only squonk pin uses)
Spare O-rings and screws.
Spare tank section which I think is pyrex.
Squonk pin.

Firstly, the flavour and size matches and beats the Berserker mini which is only a good thing.
The main things I like are how the top cap has stops where it spins to lock in place to airflow hole is completely open or half a turn closed. This makes it easy to screw onto or replace from a mod.
While on the subject of the top cap and barrel, it's very thick and quite heavy so
although it can vape hot, it doesnt have that condensation/unpleasant feel that some tanks or drippers have with being so thin in design that cooks the juice to the point you are vaping steam.
One example is the Vapefly Glaxies range or even the old Berserker MTL rdta , which are great but suffer from that plus can gurgle or spit juice from airflow holes for whatever reason, quite annoying.

Bad points are - the Philip's screws look a bit crap but work for now.
No Cthulhu logo on the side which would have been a nice touch.
Potentially leaky if left in a bag or pocket on its side. Should say I've had zero leaks or gurgling so far.

Overall a great rdta. No mistaking it's a proper mtl device that you can freely swap out airflow adapters even with a coil in place, and not plastic either so dry burn all you like!
Intense flavour, probably the best I've had from any tank or dripper, it's that good.

If you love the Berserker mini but hate filling, enjoy squonking this is a no brainer for mtl fans. Having both, I'd say this Cthulhu rdta beats the Vapefly Galaxies in flavour, ease of deck and construction.

20200326_155424.jpg
20200326_160204.jpg

Very enclosed chamber with thick walls
20200326_155508.jpg

The deck features a fill hole and smaller overspill slot
20200326_155534.jpg

With included squonk pin installed
20200326_155540.jpg
20200326_155552.jpg

Wicked up
20200326_155624.jpg
20200326_155645.jpg

Compared to the Berserker mini
20200326_155654.jpg

Last edited:
It's a nice little RDTA isn't it? I use mine with the largest insert and a wider bore driptip for a nice very restricted direct draw.

Thanks for the review. I always meant to get one of these but never did. Might have to reconsider

Nice succinct review.

Been a bit of a Cthulhu fan since the v1 RTA. Tried pretty much everything they made until they went all MTL.

Now I'm getting back into MTL might be tempted. Would need a new mod though.. :hmm:

Nice review thanks. I have the beserker mini and galaxies rdta and get more flavour from the galaxies rdta. If the mulan beats the galaxies for flavour then its a winner in my book.

It's one of my favourites for mtl on the squonk mods but then I love the rta.
Looking forward to the new little hastur mini. Looks awesome. Love the fractal mod too but I was after one with minimal resin (which they do) but everyone that had them only offered lucky dip and my luck.always brings me pink or violet mods when it comes to lucky dip.

Madness or genius, not sure :13: but flat clapton surprisingly works well with largest air slot and low wattage of course.

20200327_172912.jpg
20200327_174624.jpg

Back
Top Bottom