What's new

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

Thanks, will try it Toastie.

I just can't understand how some of you guys just cut edges and put it in the holes like its nothing, and its working.
I tried all possible things and still can't get nothing but dry vapour...

I just can't understand how some of you guys just cut edges and put it in the holes like its nothing, and its working.
It could be your coil? Have you pulsed it and checked it’s glowing evenly from the inside - out? Also have you made sure there are no hotspots?

Also what ratio of pg vg are you using?

I haven’t used this for a long time but I always had my coil about 1 mm from the air hole. Wick it so there’s just a bit of resistance in the coil so it can move freely but still had a bit of resistance. I cut it so the wick ends are level with the bottom of the wick holes. Then juice up, a few pulses to make sure there’s plenty of vapour.

Never had a problem with this atty.

It's not the coil thats for sure. I always dry burn it and make sure there are no hotspots.

70VG/30PG

So you wick it as Toastie said, you don't push the wick down to the deck?

You know whats the funny thing. First time i wicked it , i just eyeballed it and it was amazing flavour and all..
Since then i rewicked for about 30 times now and i cant get even close to the flavour it was was when i first wicked it..

Sorry to chime in, I don't know your experience, nor do I own the mini
(own the larger 3.5ml version which is very good)

But - are you ensuring the grain direction runs through the coil ???

If the grain direction or the cotton is cut the wrong side the direction is different
& it does not wick efficiently as ensuring the grain runs through the coil

This grain direction doesn't get explained enough imho

If you look at the Scottish Roll method, pulling off one thin layer and stretching it
the whole process demonstrates this cotton grain quite well

You gently lightly tug the cotton & it will pull one way than other
where you can tug it - that is the direction you cut upwards from following grain

The Scottish Roll, you stretch out the single thin layer bit by bit
to create a stretched out ultra thin layer, you then roll up "fairly" tightly, not ultra tight
and then use that to wick up.....

But you realise that is the grain of the cotton running straight through the coil direction
(like it should do)

I learnt though very odd builds a number of bad builds was coz I was cutting the cotton the wrong way
It would work sometimes but soon clogged up on drawing like a manky clogged coil
as the juice wasn't flowing as well as the grain direction running correctly through the coil
(like you do on the Scottish Roll technique)

I don't know why but a lot of guides don't explain this very often but it makes a difference
see #1

7025d087cf453f719fba3278323c7446.jpg

pull the cotton gently - where you can pull it, the grain direction is running between your thumbs.....

IIIIIII^IIIIIII^IIIIIII^IIIIIII
IIIIIII^IIIIIII^IIIIIII^IIIIIII CUT UPWARDS with grain direction

II^II
II^II
II^II SORTED
II^II
II^II

It's not the coil thats for sure. I always dry burn it and make sure there are no hotspots.

70VG/30PG

So you wick it as Toastie said, you don't push the wick down to the deck?

You know whats the funny thing. First time i wicked it , i just eyeballed it and it was amazing flavour and all..
Since then i rewicked for about 30 times now and i cant get even close to the flavour it was was when i first wicked it..
Yup I wicked it similar to Toastie. I never wicked it to the deck and it worked perfectly every time. The only difference is I use 60/40 and not 70/30. Maybe it’s your juice? You could try thinning the ends a fraction?

Last edited:
Thanks for all advices.

No it's not juice problem since it was amazing 1 time.. But i just can't rewick like i did. Will just keep trying i guess ...

Back
Top Bottom