What's new

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

Looks like I'll be ordering some of that Gringo concentrate on Friday, hopefully. Then the next time I order it'll be the flavours for the recipe @zouzounaki recommended.

Decided to go with the chefs order first as I need new syringes and more bottles. That way I can get it all from one place, as Inawera don't sell the syringes and I haven't moved to mixing by weight yet.

I'll let you know what I think before and after a steep.

You should stick 10ml each of black cat for pipe (blueberry pipe tobacco) and am4a (hard to describe, but an aromatic tobacco blend) in your chef’s order. Both good on their own at 2%. :)

Concentrates arrived today @zouzounaki and @Crewella. Only mixed two 30ml bottles of gringo and one 30ml of black cat for pipe because I ran out of nicotine...

Haven't tried any yet, will try gringo tomorrow and let the second bottle steep for a week. Black cat will steep for a week before trying.

Folkart gringo smells just like one of the manabush juices I used to vape, I believe it smells like pow wow sauce. Don't quote me on that, may have the wrong name but definitely reminds me of one of them.

Black cat for pipe smells lovely too, can't wait to try it. Am4a is the one I'm less keen on, smell wise it reminds me of a whiskey I've had before.

It’s worth trying a wee bit of the black cat every few days @Toastie . It starts out prominent with the blueberry but over time the tobacco comes out a bit, the blueberry fades to the background I get a little hint of a licorice stick in there as well. I find the longer it sits the stronger it gets as well. Ends up a kind of dark orange/brown.

Don’t be put off by the am4a, it does smell pungent but once you mix it up it tastes fantastic and quite different from the smell, for me. I can’t put my finger on it. There’s something aromatic but at different stages of the steep I also get dried fruit, spice, chocolate and brandy notes from it. The colour change is interesting, it goes through a slightly green phase. It’s one of my favourite concentrates.

@zouzounaki I'll see what I can do, but I don't have a dripper to easily test it every few days. Going to rewick my tank shortly and try out the gringo as it's had time to settle overnight. It's recommended you give it a 7 day steep, but supposed to be decent right away.

I will be trying out the Am4a, but I won't be able to order more nic until next weekend. I've never been a fan of licorice, so we'll see how the black cat does.

The licorice is only slight @Toastie , and not at all like black licorice more like the sweetness of chewing a licorice stick. It might even be that I’m imagining it as the description doesn’t mention licorice. Good luck with them, I hope you like them.

Any recommendation on how to wick it properly?
im using 7wrap 26g kanthal wire. every time i wick it taste is just muted and dry.
i've got it right about 2 times and flavour was realy good. but i just cant do it again..

im using 7wrap 26g kanthal wire. every time i wick it taste is just muted and dry.
i've got it right about 2 times and flavour was realy good. but i just cant do it again..
I run mine with 28 AWG kanthal on around 2.5mm ID, 7/8 wraps to around 1.3 ohms and vaped at around 10 watts, if that helps.

How tight do you wick it? Is cotton touching the deck? In about 20 tries i did get nothing but dry and muted flavour..

Been a while since I used mine, but the wicking technique I used is very similar to this video, but I would cut my wicks differently and at a 45 degree angle, very hard to explain. Main thing that worked for me was wetting the wicks first then gently sitting the tip of the cotton in the channel, not through the channel, and stopping when you feel resistance, you may not get all the cotton in there, that's fine, the goal is to get just enough in there so it won't leak. You're trying to plug the hole with the tip of the cotton, you wouldn't see any wick poking out of the bottom of my deck for example.

Hard to explain, hopefully you understand.

Never had issue with wicking in the hastur mini. I just use muji and cut it at the edge of the deck and poke it down. Just seems to work.

Back
Top Bottom