What's new

Cthulhu Hastur Mini Builds

Interesting. I have a fused clapton in mine at the moment @.85 ohms. But I’ve had to take it to 19-20. Lovely vape but can only take about 5 puffs before it’s getting a little too warm with the long tip. Think it’s a bit too much coil for this.
I think its too small to fit complex coils without it burning up, id save the fused for a bigger deck and run this with simple round wire [emoji4]

I think its too small to fit complex coils without it burning up, id save the fused for a bigger deck and run this with simple round wire [emoji4]
Yeah I normally run the single coil Clapton’s in it but had some fused that is brilliant in the Vapeshell and wanted to try it. I get a great vape from it in the mini but it just gets a little toastie

The 26g SS build is working well so far. I dropped the wraps to 7 as 8 didn't look like it would give the wick much room.

I don't find it too hot, the long metal tip will get hot on the third pull for me, tightest airflow setting. Doesn't seem as tight of a draw to me as people make out. I'd compare the smallest hole to the draw of the sxk doggy a smidge from closed. Unless my tank isn't sealing properly or something...

Just tried it with drip tip from the doggystyle, much better, very tight fit though, even with juiced orings.

Still been struggling but spoken to @Discomatt tonight and he's helped a lot with the coil placement. Im getting some decent flavour now..
But Im still over wicking and gurgling- need to get some big practice on that.

Progress is good. I place my coil very close to the airflow, I'd post a picture but my phone can't focus that close up.

I comb my wicks quite a bit with a 2.5mm but it's easy to go overboard, I've done it myself.

Have you tried trimming your wicks diagonally rather than combing? Might make it easier to get a consistent size in the well. Getting a good wick is one thing, replicating it over and over is another.

Just an update, built another coil and added less spacing so I could get the recommended 8 wraps at 2.5mm to fit.

Loving it at 13w, airflow as tight as it'll go. Nice long draws, no burning lips and no real ramp up to speak of. Very happy, just need to find some decent and cheapish net to vape, manabush is out of the running due to cost, even though I love it.

Back
Top Bottom