What's new

Cthulhu Furai Tip Set : Thoughts and pictures...

Simon G

Olympian
I thought I may as well stick this in here as they are all MTL style tips really and it seems a bit OTT to 'review' drip tips and give them a rating or whatever ... they are tips, they work. Some I like the style, some I don't like so much.

You get ten tips all housed in a handy little box, you can buy them from Cthulhu https://www.cthulhumod.com/furai-510-drip-tip-kit/ and I believe they have them at FT now too.

I really like the clear tulip shaped one, I don't think I've had a tip that shape before... it feels nice.

If I have any criticism it that the o-rings are very soft and damage quite easily if you ram them home dry ..... If @cthulhumod could maybe use slightly harder ones I think that would be better.

tip3.jpg

tip2.jpg

tip1.jpg

I thought I may as well stick this in here as they are all MTL style tips really and it seems a bit OTT to 'review' drip tips and give them a rating or whatever ... they are tips, they work. Some I like the style, some I don't like so much.

You get ten tips all housed in a handy little box, you can buy them from Cthulhu https://www.cthulhumod.com/furai-510-drip-tip-kit/ and I believe they have them at FT now too.

I really like the clear tulip shaped one, I don't think I've had a tip that shape before... it feels nice.

If I have any criticism it that the o-rings are very soft and damage quite easily if you ram them home dry ..... If @cthulhumod could maybe use slightly harder ones I think that would be better.

View attachment 179575

View attachment 179576
View attachment 179577

Nice review been looking at these. Got the updated drip tip for the mini on the way from Cthulhu free as well.

There’s something slightly perverse looking about the photos. They look like a nice selection, their narrow bore ones (ie the one that comes with the hastur mini) are too narrow for me though, it seems.

There’s something slightly perverse looking about the photos. They look like a nice selection, their narrow bore ones (ie the one that comes with the hastur mini) are too narrow for me though, it seems.

yeah, these are all wider than those ... I'm pretty sure they all have a 4mm/4.5mm bore (not sure exactly as I'm using a regular ruler) the only one that doesn't is the one that comes with the mini which is 3mm I think.

Back
Top Bottom