What's new

Cthulhu 1928 MTL Squonk Atty

If you own the 1928 what rating would you give it, 0-5?

• 0 - Exceptionally Bad, Do not buy under any circumstances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Bad, Not Usually Recommended

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Average, Might be worth a punt if it appeals to you

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3 - Above Average, a decent bit of kit

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 4 - Good, Highly recommended for most people

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • 5 - Exceptionally Good, Just buy it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Is there space for a longer 510 (I've a bit of a collection, lol)

no that's not possible because the 510 holds the positive side of the deck in .... the holes for the liquid to come out are in the sides of the pin not the top .... and they are as far up as they can be. ... but it's not a long pin, so they must only be just off the bottom of the 'tank' section.

View attachment 170511

This illustrates it a bit better ... the black line you can see in the hole circled, that's the gap behind the holes (half a mil maybe).... as you can see there's nothing to stop the air coming in those holes and traveling along to where the inlet is (behind the second smallest here) .... a simple (but ugly) solution would be a vape band with a single hole in it, and just put that over the hole you want to use.

or yes, I little dab of silicone sealant (gasket sealant or something similar) either side of the hole between the top and bottom o-rings would do it too. I have some black high temp gasket sealant if I can run a line of that either side of the hole without making a mess that would work.
It's not going to be a issue to be fair for me. I will block all but the.1mm hole with thread lock. But it's a silly mistake really. I will put a longer 510 in as well so the liquid pools a tad.that's not a fault though is it, just a design choice. Loads of squonk fans prefer full drawback.
Nice work mate. Saves me a job. I will just prepare it on arrival.

no that's not possible because the 510 holds the positive side of the deck in .... the holes for the liquid to come out are in the sides of the pin not the top .... and they are as far up as they can be. ... but it's not a long pin, so they must only be just off the bottom of the 'tank' section.
Ah fair enough. Draw back it is. I've a few like that and you adjust to squonk a little on every fire.

yeah, for sure... the draw back thing is just the way it is, it's not a fault .... it just seems a bit of a waste because it is so leak resistant, you could have a bit in there with no worry.... I'm not even sure how you could do it without redesigning the whole thing though. ... but if you weren't squonking you'd fill it up wouldn't you, I think that's why it feels a bit odd.

looking at this makes me realise what a nightmare it must be designing new and original stuff.

yeah, for sure... the draw back thing is just the way it is, it's not a fault .... it just seems a bit of a waste because it is so leak resistant, you could have a bit in there with no worry.... I'm not even sure how you could do it without redesigning the whole thing though. ... but if you weren't squonking you'd fill it up wouldn't you, I think that's why it feels a bit odd.

looking at this makes me realise what a nightmare it must be designing new and original stuff.
Yeah it takes the design consultant having drawback as a preference on the feedback list and half the squonk population will be miffed.
Not a great job.

Yeah it takes the design consultant having drawback as a preference on the feedback list and half the squonk population will be miffed.
Not a great job.

god, I just watched Vic's review ....... he doesn't even use it on a squonker, I knew I shouldn't have watched it..... I've only had it since about 1pm today and I already feel like I've tested it more than he did... :19:

god, I just watched Vic's review ....... he doesn't even use it on a squonker, I knew I shouldn't have watched it..... I've only had it since about 1pm today and I already feel like I've tested it more than he did... :19:
I'm not gonna watch it bud. I will stick with your review, so far.
Thanks bud.

Flawed, it seems.
If the flavour is right a slight air ingress from another airflow hole is no real bother.
The other issue is as I say a design choice.
My God, I've had to adapt or change so many drippers now this seems no issue at all, lol.
Less us forget the cthulhu mtl rda.

I'm still waiting for mine. I was hoping it would be here today as I'm having it delivered to work and I'm on holiday all next week.
Poohbags.

Back
Top Bottom