What's new

Cotton allergy. Who knew.

Sorry @DMAN I came to this late, do you need some Rayon (Celucotton) as I have quite a bit here if you want some?

I will switch back to muji tomorrow for some pow wow action, report my wheezing, lol. Then rewick with cellulose/rayon (fibre freaks) for Friday and report back.
Definitely been much less heavy on the lungs today with a stock coil and zero wheezing. Even Mrs kid has said your breathing better.
Funny how we still find pretty obvious things so far down the line.
Thanks for your input all.

@eyeball kid

Just to throw another variable into the mix, I am asthmatic, and worked out by trial and error that my wheezing is triggered by formaldehyde. Even in tiny amounts. I went through a process of thinking it was PG, then VG, then cotton etc. I started playing with temp control after reading a huge thread on ECR, and noticed i wasn't wheezing. When i looked at all the variables i'd tried i realised that when i was using a viscous juice, or had wicked suboptimally the temperature had been rising into the formaldehyde producing region. I went back to wattage, and worked out builds that produced dense but cool vapour - haven't had wheezing in over 2 years. It doesn't matter now what wick or juice i use...

Might have nothing to do with your issues, but you never know

As they say, correlation is not causation

@eyeball kid

Just to throw another variable into the mix, I am asthmatic, and worked out by trial and error that my wheezing is triggered by formaldehyde. Even in tiny amounts. I went through a process of thinking it was PG, then VG, then cotton etc. I started playing with temp control after reading a huge thread on ECR, and noticed i wasn't wheezing. When i looked at all the variables i'd tried i realised that when i was using a viscous juice, or had wicked suboptimally the temperature had been rising into the formaldehyde producing region. I went back to wattage, and worked out builds that produced dense but cool vapour - haven't had wheezing in over 2 years. It doesn't matter now what wick or juice i use...

Might have nothing to do with your issues, but you never know

As they say, correlation is not causation
Interesting stuff and all should be collated in the health issues thread I reckon for those with issue's in the future.
Been using tc a bit lately and often use it in mtl squonkers so I'm pretty sure it's the cotton itself for me as I've played about with the temp of my vape.
I will be interested to find if some cottons cause less issues. I will try a few that have longer more stable fibres and check results.

Interesting stuff and all should be collated in the health issues thread I reckon for those with issue's in the future.
Been using tc a bit lately and often use it in mtl squonkers so I'm pretty sure it's the cotton itself for me as I've played about with the temp of my vape.
I will be interested to find if some cottons cause less issues. I will try a few that have longer more stable fibres and check results.
Have you tried mesh?

Back
Top Bottom