What's new

Check this out .... Vaporesso Polar

It's genuinely worrying ..... I think they are more concerned about having 50 thousand options and fancy screens than just making it work right ...

It's weird don't you think? There's this odd thing going on where manufacturers are trying (and often failing) to create these mods that'll do everything: lasers, LED lights, voice activation, practically making you a brew. Then there's the Rise of the Pods, everything streamlined to within an inch of it's life, as simple as possible. I find it all quite strange. I don't know whether the increase in pods is a reaction to tech overkill elsewhere, or have manufacturers arbitrarily sorted vapers into 'Noobs' and 'Pros' without telling us? Shame for Vaporesso, hopefully they'll learn from it.

Well I have one on order as I use my Vaporesso more these days than my Smok Majesty, there again I do like the big screen and the ability to change the screen to reflect me.

Well I have one on order as I use my Vaporesso more these days than my Smok Majesty, there again I do like the big screen and the ability to change the screen to reflect me.
Yeah, but you're only about 4 years old and like flashing lights whilst you are being carried everywhere by some old guy.:D

let's hope they've sorted the firmware out by the time you get yours. :)

I hope so as the reviews etc were all pre production models if they did not have any instruction manuals, as far as I know the shipping commences on the 26th of this month so hopefully things will have been sorted.

I now have my Polar after a little wait for it to arrive from China and it is the production model.
I have tried it and yes it still had that problem that was shown on the video, it did make the wattage go high for a split second then come back down to normal, I could tell this by how hot the vapour got first of all.
I went on to the Vaporesso website and low and behold there is a firmware upgrade sitting there waiting to be installed, so after a few minutes trying to work out why it was not upgrading the firmware I remembered to take out the batteries, this then started the upgrade without any problems, so I jumped from version 1.00 to 1.04 and it is not ramping up to a high wattage when you press the fire button so I am not getting instant hot vapour anymore.
I will test it out to the best of my ability and let you guys know what I think.

Right, have been using the Polar as my main mod from Thursday night and have to say it is good for what I need in a mod.
The issue with the over watting the coil has been sorted by downloading the new firmware and it has not had a hot start since doing that upgrade.
I have only tried out the wattage mode as not got any temperature coils at the moment and found that the batteries last quite easy over a day at 21w per vape, the screen like most is very hard to read in sunlight but very clear with info on the batteries/wattage/coil ohms/puff meter and how long your last vape was.
After 10 seconds the screen then goes back to the clock either digital or analog type.
In all I think it will do with my other Vaporesso mod and retire the Majesty for vaping when on the PC, I paid £46 from Gearbest and I am very happy with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom