What's new

bishop mtl rta

Frig they are a good price now. Let us know how you get on with it bud.
So recieved it today and set about it when i got home from work.
I've had it set up and only gone through one ml of juice but I'm quite impressed so far.
Standard build just a simple 27g kanthal 2.5mm id 7 wraps just over an ohm.
Tried it with the supplied pins fitted but just a little too loose for me so changed for the 0.8mm and a little loo tight so ended up with the 1mm pins and just right - No you're not reading goldilocks and the three bears Lol.
Building is very easy given ive been using the scylla for a while now but as Frank has said it's a little fiddly with such small screws and they are so close to the wick channel's it's just fiddly.
Very quiet as said above and push fitting the deck is a bit strange but the o rings seem to grip it quite well and ill soon know if it will survive a day out in the pocket tomorrow.

Edit...... The cover plate stays attached to the tank so leaves the build exposed should the deck detach....although i think the juice holes are that small i think if the tank does detach the build should be protected and the juice shouldnt technically come out on it's own.

Or thats what I'm hoping anyway as it looks like the wick will draw the juice out rather than it come out on it's own.
I've changed the supplied drip tip as i found it just a little too tall for my liking.
Flavour is pretty good in fact I'd say after a little tweek on the coil height it will match the scylla.
Another keeper for sure even if it doesn't pass the pocket test and has to remain for home use.
24mm version would be nice and if they fix the couple of niggles and they are niggles as opposed to issues and I'd be rating it 9.5-10.

it piqued my interest, but then i read some comments that made me conclude it would probably be shit. maybe further back in this thread? not sure.

Not shit, just flawed.

Last edited:
If only the Bishop had top fill, then this would be more appropriate :

Disloyal-Rta.jpg

And one minor, superficial, point. The marketing images all had the black version shown with a matte-look glass tank section.

Almost looked like PCTG?

On the retail one, the tank has an almost chrome-like finish to it.

Might need to buy a few spares of the clear glass tank instead.

If only the Bishop had top fill, then this would be more appropriate :

View attachment 242344

And one minor, superficial, point. The marketing images all had the black version shown with a matte-look glass tank section.

Almost looked like PCTG?

On the retail one, the tank has an almost chrome-like finish to it.

Might need to buy a few spares of the clear glass tank instead.

When I got mine first thing I did was switch out the smoked for the clear glass. As I reported earlier, I had major issues with the tank coming apart at the top instead the bottom when refilling. I’ve since changed it back to the smoked and changed the ‘O’ ring at the top of the tank and now it is much less likely to come apart at the wrong end.

After some testing it is obvious that the clear tank has a very slightly larger id than the smoked. With a tank assembly that relies entirely on the frictional grip of the tank to a single ‘O’ ring the tolerances need to be spot on for it to function properly. One of the design flaws of this tank.

I switched over to the clear glass after your post ( didn't realise the spare was clear...:)) & so far it's been fine.

No issues when refilling either.

Let's see how it behaves overnight when it's sitting doing nothing.

I'll be leaving it upright on a bit of paper towel, just in case.

I've got the clear glass on and it's been out with me today in my pocket and had no issues and no sign of it working loose :2thumbsup:

I switched over to the clear glass after your post ( didn't realise the spare was clear...:)) & so far it's been fine.

No issues when refilling either.

Let's see how it behaves overnight when it's sitting doing nothing.

I'll be leaving it upright on a bit of paper towel, just in case.

I guess I must just have got a clear glass from a bad batch that was out of spec, also, mine is a 4ml so that may have compounded the issue a bit.

I don’t think you need to worry about an assembled tank leaking, you’d have to have done a really bad job of wicking for that to happen .

I have the 2ml version here.

Good job I like small'ish rtas, as the 4ml version had sold out when I ordered this one.

Though to be fair to the 4ml version, it's slightly shorter than some 2ml rtas I have.

I have the 2ml version here.

Good job I like small'ish rtas, as the 4ml version had sold out when I ordered this one.

Though to be fair to the 4ml version, it's slightly shorter than some 2ml rtas I have.
I have 18 attys and the 4ml Bishop is easily the smallest of them all

Vaperbay have the clear, amber & smoked 4ml bellcaps in stock if anyone's interested.

Back
Top Bottom