What's new

Best Stock Coil MTL tank?

I take 2 kits to work - (just in case) plus 10ml juice
and a zenith is always one of them tanks - nuff said
(on occasions both are zenith's - depends what's charged/wick'd
but always ensure I got one of these to hand no matter what I grab)

Similar here - Zenith always on me, a spare coil & powerbank in the backpack + liquid in the drawer at my desk.
Unless a mod decides to die on me - I'm covered. And it's a Revenger Mini, so not too worried.

As a fan and owner of several Aspire tanks, including the Naut mini, the 2 and the X, the tanks themselves are brilliant. However, just of late the durablility of the 1.8 BVC coils i use in the mini, have been crap, lasting only 3 or 4 days at best. The lower ohm coils seem to be okay...but i'm fast running out of patience with the 1.8s. I also own a Zenith...an easy tank to live with..but whilst i do like it..it doesn't quite perform as well as the Nautilus. The flavour & vapour repsonse isn't quite as good as the Nautilus imo. But i do use it everday.

As for finding a better tank..well..i've taken the plung and bought myself another Aspire tank...the now obsolete Triton Mini. Why this one has been taken out of commision so early, when it's only been around 2 or 3 years, i don't know..but from what what i've read up about them, the clapton mesh coils (1.8s) for the Triton are superb for flavour and vapour production. They are able to wick high VG juices (up to 80% i think) and run at higher wattages than the BVCs.The Triton is also able to take the Nautlus BVCs coils as well, but from what i've read these don't work as well in the Triton.

Now granted, i've yet to receive this tank and try it...but if does outperform the Nautilus, then as long as the coils are availble (there is a RBA kit available for it too), then the Triton may well become my new daily 'runner'. The coils are a little more expensive...and i found it quite hard to find the silver tank (there is a standard black and gold plated versions too, but i couldn't find a cheap gold one anywhere), they are still available from a few british suppliers.

But getting back to the original Nautilus...it's still a hard one to beat...if only Aspire can sort out it's wayward QC on the coils for them. I thought i had fixed the shortlife fault yesterday, when i noticed the tiny little contact pin in the base of the tank, was partially missing, which meant the coil wasn't properly connecting with the mod. I fixed that with a spare one i had....buuuuutt....these little BVCs still aren't playing ball alas. I think Aspire's QC seems to have dropped in the last few months...what a shame.

Last edited:
As a fan and owner of several Aspire tanks, including the Naut mini, the 2 and the X, the tanks themselves are brilliant. However, just of late the durablility of the 1.8 BVC coils i use in the mini, have been crap, lasting only 3 or 4 days at best. The lower ohm coils seem to okay...but i'm fast running out of patience with the 1.8s. I also own a Zenith...an easy tank to live with..but whilst i do like it..it doesn't quite perform as well as the Nautilus. The flavour & vapour repsonse isn't quite as good as the Nautilus imo. But i do use it everday.

As for finding a better tank..well..i've taken the plung and bought myself another Aspire tank...the now obsolete Triton Mini. Why this one has been taken out of commision so early, when it's only been around 2 or 3 years, i don't know..but from what what i've read up about them, the clapton mesh coils (1.8s) for the Triton are superb for flavour and vapour production. They are able to wick high VG juices (up to 80% i think) and run at higher wattages than the BVCs.The Triton is also able to take the Nautlus BVCs coils as well, but from what i've read these don't work as well in the Triton.

Now granted, i've yet to receive this tank and try it...but if does outperform the Nautilus, then as long as the coils are availble (there is a RBA kit available for it too), then the Triton may well become my new daily 'runner'. The coils are a little more expensive...and i found it quite hard to find the silver tank (there is a standard black and gold plated versions too, but i couldn't find a cheap gold one anywhere), they are still available from a few british suppliers.

But getting back to the original Nautilus...it's still a hard one to beat...if only Aspire can sort out it's wayward QC on the coils for them. I thought i had fixed the shortlife fault yesterday, when i noticed the tiny little contact pin in the base of the tank, was partially missing, which meant the coil wasn't properly connecting with the mod. I fixed that with a spare one i had....buuuuutt....these little BVCs still aren't playing ball alas. I think Aspire's QC seems to have dropped in the last few months...what a shame.

If it doesn't work out with the Triton it may be worth you trying the Jacvapour S22. I have one that you could try if you don't want to buy without trying.

As I've been out of the loop for a while, I've rediscovered the joys of MTL vaping a higher nic strength for those moments where I need that extra hit, or for a sneaky puff at work where the clouds would be a major annoyance..

I was just wondering if there's anything out there that gives a good solid MTL vape, but with stock coils. I've tried RTAs but they always leak, as I'm a moron when it comes to wicking them.

I've broken my 2nd spare Nautilus glass, so that's out of commission until the new ones arrive from China. I love the original Nautilus, but is there anything else that can give as good a vape as that?

Cheers,
Mark
Hey ZeroBass87,
You must have heard of the Nautilus by now... if not, definitely give that a little look. Incase you have tried and did not like the Nautilus, allow me to suggest the new LDN LIQ CBD Tank. It's just been released and the feedback has been nothing but positive.
Hope this helps,
Yianno.

Hey ZeroBass87,
You must have heard of the Nautilus by now... if not, definitely give that a little look. Incase you have tried and did not like the Nautilus, allow me to suggest the new LDN LIQ CBD Tank. It's just been released and the feedback has been nothing but positive.
Hope this helps,
Yianno.
I've been using a Nautilus daily since it was released lol, was just wondering if there were any other stock coil tanks worth looking at... Mainly due to the coils not being great QC wise, usually get at least one duff coil out of a pack. I'll definitely check out that tank you mentioned though!

I've been using a Nautilus daily since it was released lol, was just wondering if there were any other stock coil tanks worth looking at... Mainly due to the coils not being great QC wise, usually get at least one duff coil out of a pack. I'll definitely check out that tank you mentioned though!
Hey ZeroBass87,
Haha me too! it's a brilliant little tank but I personally have not had any issues coils wise but yeah, Give the tank a little look. It just may be what you're after. i actually wrote a blog about the CBD tank Vs the Nautilus on the site, might help out also.
Yianno.

Hey ZeroBass87,
Haha me too! it's a brilliant little tank but I personally have not had any issues coils wise but yeah, Give the tank a little look. It just may be what you're after. i actually wrote a blog about the CBD tank Vs the Nautilus on the site, might help out also.
Yianno.

Where do you get the CBD from?

Where do you get the CBD from?
Hey HEISENBERG88,
If it's CBD you're after, it's available it's available in store in either Wembley, Camden or Fleet Street and the CBD tank is available both online and in store.
Hope this helps,
Yianno.

Another vote for the zenith here, decent coil life, and can get non tpd if u prefer the larger liquid capacity.

If it doesn't work out with the Triton it may be worth you trying the Jacvapour S22. I have one that you could try if you don't want to buy without trying.

HI @rew, thanks for the offer...i'll see what this Triton is like....and i have just learnt that the Triton coils can also work in the Nautilus apparently..so maybe there's hope for the little Naut yet. I'll let you know sometime next year! :2thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom