What's new

Aspire/Taifun Nautilus GT Mini

It was the o-rings on the ultem piece that slides into the coil head. It was happening to me, but only with the regular nautilus 1.8's, the 0.7's are fine.

Could be the coil making it loose of you're using the open mesh one.

It was the o-rings on the ultem piece that slides into the coil head. It was happening to me, but only with the regular nautilus 1.8's, the 0.7's are fine.

Could be the coil making it loose of you're using the open mesh one.

ah gotcha, I was reading it before but obviously I didn't understand how the tank fitted together. I can see now how if the coil wasn't sat down in the base fully (or sat down too much) that could cause all kinds of issues too, the tolerances need to be pretty much spot on for everything to fit together and seal everything. If those rings aren't sealing the top of the coil then the liquid can come up the sides of the coil and back down the middle... and cause a massive flood it would seem...

Yeah there's been flooding and chewing issues. Mine has stopped gurgling when filling after I replaced those o-rings.

I looked at both the 0.7 and 1.8 side by side, from the top, the metal is slightly thicker on the 1.8 which was making it impossible to fit the o-rings inside without chewing them and that was with lubricated o-rings.

I only tried the one pack though, so may have been a manufacturing defect with my 1.8s, tolerance issues. I honestly can't remember if that happened with the spare 1.6 coil.

Yeah there's been flooding and chewing issues. Mine has stopped gurgling when filling after I replaced those o-rings.

I looked at both the 0.7 and 1.8 side by side, from the top, the metal is slightly thicker on the 1.8 which was making it impossible to fit the o-rings inside without chewing them and that was with lubricated o-rings.

I only tried the one pack though, so may have been a manufacturing defect with my 1.8s, tolerance issues. I honestly can't remember if that happened with the spare 1.6 coil.

Ok, I'll let you know how I get on.... I have the 1.6 coil in the box and a packet of 1.8's in the cupboard.

yeah those rings are pretty important, I don't see how you would have an air seal without them fully intact and making a seal.

Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll test all the coils I have properly.

Ok, I'll let you know how I get on.... I have the 1.6 coil in the box and a packet of 1.8's in the cupboard.

yeah those rings are pretty important, I don't see how you would have an air seal without them fully intact and making a seal.

Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll test all the coils I have properly.

Thanks, definitely interested in finding out as I prefer the denser vape from the 1.8s.

I considered buying a pack of the 1.8 aio nic salt coils to try, but don't want to waste a tenner to find out they're too tight for the chimney piece.

I've just been thinking about this a little more.

When you install a coil and screw the base into the bottom, providing the tank is empty (or as good as empty, I would think it's better to do that with the top off. Then you aren't screwing it round and round on the o-rings on the ultum bit ... then after filling you can just push the top down and turn that little 1/8th of a turn it takes to lock it down. ... if you know what I mean, I don't know if that might help and I'll investigate more but it seems that might be better for the o-rings over time.

Not in my case sadly. I always rinse or wash between coil changes. Coil in the base, few drops down the top, screw I to tank, lube top o-rings and ultem piece, fill tank and put the top cap on.

What I did do to diagnose the issue with the 1.8 was to screw the coil into the base and then try to test fit the ultem section into the coil without the tank section. It would not go in at all, I had to push stupidly hard and it eventually snapped into place, but only because it sliced chunks off the o-rings.

Might be worth you doing that test when you come to use the 1.8, just make sure you lube the o-rings, if you feel any real resistance, stop, for the sake of your o-rings. Luckily there's two lots of spares for this in the bag which is strange, kind of like they knew...

Not in my case sadly. I always rinse or wash between coil changes. Coil in the base, few drops down the top, screw I to tank, lube top o-rings and ultem piece, fill tank and put the top cap on.

What I did do to diagnose the issue with the 1.8 was to screw the coil into the base and then try to test fit the ultem section into the coil without the tank section. It would not go in at all, I had to push stupidly hard and it eventually snapped into place, but only because it sliced chunks off the o-rings.

Might be worth you doing that test when you come to use the 1.8, just make sure you lube the o-rings, if you feel any real resistance, stop, for the sake of your o-rings. Luckily there's two lots of spares for this in the bag which is strange, kind of like they knew...

gotcha, thanks mate... yeah I'll check the fit out like that first. :)

I only did that because I had issues with the first 1.8, couldn't get the top cap on, forced it and later discovered it had ruined the o-rings. So I was trying to find out what went wrong.

The regular 0.7's fit perfect and I suspect the mesh coil does too, but I didn't use mine, too open for me, went in the bin. So either it is a defect with the ones I had, or they did not test it with the 1.8s at all.

I don`t think it`s possible to install a coil with the tank/chimney in place. I`ve decided to give mine another chance, but if it misbehaves then I`ll.......I`ll......I`ll give it a damn good thrashing. That`ll teach it. Harrumph.

Back
Top Bottom