What's new

Aspire Nautilus GT

Well just thought I’d throw a update on regarding the vapito coils. Days 3/4. Coils have have about 20ml threw them and I am happy. Flavour is there ( no rda type flavour but still nice )

Wake up in the morning have a few puffs, no flooded coil, no gargling or spitting. I am impressed.

Seems to me like these are the coils to go for if you can get hold of them. My only concern is longevity of availability. I’m going to order a few more packs of 5 over the next weeks and months and hope that I can stock pile enough as I’m not sure how long this company has been around and will stay around for ( any one? ) I will still try to find a aspire alternative for when that said time comes ... or I may get the old pillar drill out again on a aspire coil Hahahahahah imagine that ... need to change coil - grandad I’m borrowing the drill again I need to adjust something on my coil that’s been designed wrong by a multimillion pound company but don’t worry I’ll sort it with a 2mm drill bit and the compressor hahha... aspire.... aspire to fail

Well just thought I’d throw a update on regarding the vapito coils. Days 3/4. Coils have have about 20ml threw them and I am happy. Flavour is there ( no rda type flavour but still nice )

Wake up in the morning have a few puffs, no flooded coil, no gargling or spitting. I am impressed.

Seems to me like these are the coils to go for if you can get hold of them. My only concern is longevity of availability. I’m going to order a few more packs of 5 over the next weeks and months and hope that I can stock pile enough as I’m not sure how long this company has been around and will stay around for ( any one? ) I will still try to find a aspire alternative for when that said time comes ... or I may get the old pillar drill out again on a aspire coil Hahahahahah imagine that ... need to change coil - grandad I’m borrowing the drill again I need to adjust something on my coil that’s been designed wrong by a multimillion pound company but don’t worry I’ll sort it with a 2mm drill bit and the compressor hahha... aspire.... aspire to fail
Been around for a while. Not considered top tier but neither where dovpo and boom, they're teaming up with high end designers and using evolv boards.
Many of these companies are sub divisions of larger vape companies which in turn are subsidiaries of huge well known electronic brands in the Asian market.
Shame so many issue's have come up on the old aspire coils as the 1.8ohm original ones where the most consistent in the market for year's. Not had any issue's with the 1.8aio coils but I go through so few with it being an emergency tank that I can't give a fair appraisal.
On the plus side, when ijoy dropped the elf tank and use of nautilus size coils the coils could be found in bulk for silly cheap prices.

Got to say I had a really quick turnaround with warranty on my tank when it had an airlock and can't fault aspire for that.. . I'd like to point out it had nothing to do with the size of the wicking ports or the coil juice inlets lining up, it was a tolerance problem with the coil sitting too low, and looking at you guys pictures you've uploaded, you don't seem to have that issue... . My new tank is working great, wicking nicely, good flavour. Maybe it was an earlier batch that had issues don't know. Look on the base of the filling cap, there should be a letter underneath which should help if doing a warranty claim. Like eyeball kid, I dont use the tank exclusively, so my experience of it is pretty positive tbh, and haven't had issues with my replacement. Good luck! Same with the coils, I don't really expect a stock coil to last longer than a week, that's just me though, as with an rta or rda I rewick every other day, or once a week. So why should a stock coil last longer for me. Might give those vaptio coils a try though, thanks.

Last edited:
Got to say I had a really quick turnaround with warranty on my tank when it had an airlock and can't fault aspire for that.. . I'd like to point out it had nothing to do with the size of the wicking ports or the coil juice inlets lining up, it was a tolerance problem with the coil sitting too low, and looking at you guys pictures you've uploaded, you don't seem to have that issue... . My new tank is working great, wicking nicely, good flavour. Maybe it was an earlier batch that had issues don't know. Look on the base of the filling cap, there should be a letter underneath which should help if doing a warranty claim. Like eyeball kid, I dont use the tank exclusively, so my experience of it is pretty positive tbh, and haven't had issues with my replacement. Good luck! Same with the coils, I don't really expect a stock coil to last longer than a week, that's just me though, as with an rta or rda I rewick every other day, or once a week. So why should a stock coil last longer for me. Might give those vaptio coils a try though, thanks.

I’m currently as we speak in a email conversation with aspire U.K... the guy seems to think it may be a issue with the airflow holes on the bottom of the coils.. I will keep you all updated.. I do use Rdta and rda on the daily but this is my main go to tank when I’m at work as it’s a nice little tank on top of my single 18650 aegis solo... looks lost on my paranormal dna250c tho hahah ... just seen that it was a nice little tank with decent aesthetics and being that it looks like the tank I really wanted the Taifun gt4 but I can’t justify spending all that money on hahaha

So got a reply from aspire U.K. I have two options . One - send tank bank for inspection and replacement. ( can’t do that due to holes in it) two - they send out a replacement psu tube and regular cage and glass combo as they have checked the batch code and there is no known issues do they believe it could be a tolerance issue. To have that on both tanks tho from the same batch codes I can hardly believe it ... well I’ll see what the best option is as I’ve modified this bitch. I would give this advice to anyone ... if you can get hold of aspire U.K. get yourself a replacement tank and hopefully that will fix it .. if you want to run 60/40 and 70/30 in this do my modification to the holes and upgrade the coils to the vapito ones as I have done .. now using 60/40 with easy and 70/30 no issues

Ive had my Nautilus GT a while now and not had any real issues, always thought the flavour was lacking slightly compared to the Nautilus 2S though.
Studying the chimney on the GT, if you look inside you can see a lip/step just above the wick holes where the chimney reduces in size. I used a dremel cutting disc and cut the chimney off in line with the lip. Without a doubt it’s wicking better with a more saturated tasty vape and had no issues with leaking. Slightly more juice capacity too! :2thumbsup:
48AFD2F1-FD67-4A5B-90F9-7F47C5AEB7E2.jpeg

Ive had my Nautilus GT a while now and not had any real issues, always thought the flavour was lacking slightly compared to the Nautilus 2S though.
Studying the chimney on the GT, if you look inside you can see a lip/step just above the wick holes where the chimney reduces in size. I used a dremel cutting disc and cut the chimney off in line with the lip. Without a doubt it’s wicking better with a more saturated tasty vape and had no issues with leaking. Slightly more juice capacity too! :2thumbsup:
View attachment 219021

That looks bloody drastic but I to did see the lip and thought about a chop mod .. since I’ve drilled out the holes to a larger size .. I’m more than happy now . Team that up with the vapito coils I’m on to a winner I think

That looks bloody drastic but I to did see the lip and thought about a chop mod .. since I’ve drilled out the holes to a larger size .. I’m more than happy now . Team that up with the vapito coils I’m on to a winner I think
Thought about drilling the holes bigger but thought what the hell I’ll just hack it all off, maximum exposure for the wick holes. Wicking like a champ with the 0.4 aspire coils.

not tried the vapito coils, I’ll have to give them a go!

Thought about drilling the holes bigger but thought what the hell I’ll just hack it all off, maximum exposure for the wick holes. Wicking like a champ with the 0.4 aspire coils.

not tried the vapito coils, I’ll have to give them a go!

I have two tanks soooooo I might just pop the old band saw out of grandads workshop and give it a chop hahah .... what can go wrong pmsl

Back
Top Bottom