What's new

Any new RTA's worth looking at?

Has anyone tried the Kuma RTA?

Bishop / FEV styled deck with a similar'ish look to a Pioneer from the outside ( mostly due to the top cap )

Spotted it on FT here - https://www.fasttech.com/p/9751559

The original is £130+ sadly, so well out of my budget.

Although, the Kuma & the matching Imofet mech mod for it would probably be a nice looking combo ( if you like stainless / silver )

Looks nice. I haven't tried one myself but I'm interested to see how it performs. The reviews on Fasttech seem positive.

I'm also interested to see how that style of wicking develops. Gravity feeding RTA's seem to be all the rage at the moment but it seems a little counterintuitive to me.

These put the coil as far away from the mouth as possible which is the complete antithesis of tradional thinking. Surely you're supposed to have the coil as high as possible as with RDA's?

It seems a complete paradox for both RDA's and gravity fed RTA's to both be more flavourful than a standard deck/GTA, but apparently that's what we're being told.

I'm going to have to put my hand in my pocket and try one out for myself sooner or later, but I'm too much of a tightwad and there's always something else come out by the time I justify it to myself.

Anyone seen this yet? The Vapefly Lindwurm RTA - https://www.3fvape.com/rta/57373-au...tl-dl-vaping-252mm-diameter.html#.YmLg1FDMJEY

A 25mm tank that comes with and uses the Brunhilde MTL RTA Inserts (0.9mm, 1.2mm, 1.4mm, 1.8mm, 2.1mm, 2.5mm) but has an 810 drip tip connection, seriously confused by it.

It's being advertised as a MTL/DL tank, the Brunhilde MTL could do RDL/DL with the bigger inserts or no insert at all but still took 510 drip tips. They do include a 510 adapter but those adapters can really taint the look of a tank, why not just make it a 510 but include a small bore tip for MTL and wide bore tip for DL?

Now that I like. I suspect it'll be more DTL than MTL but it's just gone on my ever expanding list of wants. I'm going to need to write on till roll at this rate...

Looks nice. I haven't tried one myself but I'm interested to see how it performs. The reviews on Fasttech seem positive.

One of the review mentioned more throat hit than the Bishop, so at that point my resistance caved.

I'm also interested to see how that style of wicking develops. Gravity feeding RTA's seem to be all the rage at the moment but it seems a little counterintuitive to me.

These put the coil as far away from the mouth as possible which is the complete antithesis of tradional thinking. Surely you're supposed to have the coil as high as possible as with RDA's?

I don't get it either, but to be honest I haven't really thought about it that much.

All I know is that for the menthol / peppermint liquids I use, the Bishop beats the Pioneer, Artemis, Vertex & Siren v4 for flavour.

The Sure is here...
16518310835474308720321518952374.jpg

I'm sitting on my hands biding my time at the moment. There's so much coming out right now I could be like a kid in a candy shop if I really let myself go. I actually do need a couple of new RTA's but I'm forcing myself to wait... or I'm just being tight!

Sure... Flavour is very nice. A few qq issues though and at first is a bit fiddly.

I want more resistance from the orings at the base, and the stock drip tip is wobbly. It's quite shallow so won't accept many others.

But flavour is very nice. I'll play some more

Fixed the drip tip with new orings. Have the same oring issue at the base I think as I can rock it ever so slightly. That might be user error though.

Such a silly thing to get wrong if it is orings again. Otherwise it's really nice

Back
Top Bottom