What's new

VG - to dilute or not dilute?

Yes, it was a long story and my takeaway from it is that you don't actually need to use it, you simply prefer to use it.

Fair point, but only partially right.

Yes, I prefer to use it because I'm used to it.
But, also I don't like to much PG.
I have reached a happy level of 70 %VG, 3 mg Nic, and around 20 % flavour.
So mixing is easy, bulk mix of x amount AVG, plus x amount of 72 mg nic, calculated to allow me to add 20 % PG flavour.
Then add to smaller bottles whatever flavours I want, simples init ;-))

Well its a long story, but will try to condense it.

Number 1

Okay, started off using cartomisers, pretty soon got sick of that as a 40 Marlborough a day man.

Got hold of a Nautilus, forget coil, think it was 1.8 ohms.
Used 12mg most of the time 60/40 vg/pg. Shop bought juice.
Got fed up with that after about a year, to much throat hit...
A year or so a friend was going on holiday, and could not be bothered to fanny about taking it on the plane.

I had tried it in the pub before, and liked it, so she lent it to me with a full tank of juice for the two weeks she would be away.

Bloody loved it, paid through the nose for exactly the same kit !
Same atty, same mod, same battery's.

After a while switched back to my old favourite black cherry juice, but this time at 6mg, 70/30 VG/PG.

Started mixing my own juice.
Worked okay for a time, but then got massive throat hits !!!!

Tried lots of things to get to the bottom of it, in the end it turned out it was 72mg nic from one particular supplier.

I know my current kit can handle 100% VG out of that, as I spent a whole weekend vaping 100% VG, no nic, no flavour, quite interesting actually.

Number 2

Laziness, I have found that I like 70/30 VG/PG, I like strong flavour, so 20% pg concentrate, easiest thing for me then is Aqueous VG 10% DW, 20% PG flavour, and I am there, with not much fannying about.
Okay, nic addition to take into account, but I buy that in VG base.

Number 3

Maybe just luck, my kit can handle 100% vg, but I prefer 70/30.

Nothing is being stressed, on the nautilus I used to go through a coil every 2 weeks or so.

Don't want to count my chickens, but I have only used 2 coils in 6 months running like this.

Sorry to revive this month old thread just wondering what your set up is? 2 coils in 6months!! That's impressive! I use a Smok big baby beast and go through then every couple of weeks!
What atty and mod are you using?

Sorry to revive this month old thread just wondering what your set up is? 2 coils in 6months!! That's impressive! I use a Smok big baby beast and go through then every couple of weeks!
I'm about the same.
Maybe it's because I put fat coils in rebuildables.
I have to change the wick and dry burn the coil once or twice a week but the coil itself lives on 

Kanger K160 & ToptankMini, 0.3 ohm coil (I think)

I suppose it's probably because as at the moment I'm just using pre made juices I'm using a variety of 70/30 up to 80/20 ratios.....
Can't wait for the rest of my supplies to arrive so I can mix my own juices at a consistent vg/pg ratio!
Hopefully I'll see a difference in the coil life once I can keep a constant 70/30 ratio :)

I mixed a load of eliquid 70/30 vg pg with the old thinning avg water at 10%
Regret it, as the set ups now can handle the thicker vg. Noticed coils gunge up quicker making dry burning less possible and taste more muted with adding the water. My most recent 70/30 mix without water is so much richer deeper and cleaner a tasty cloudy vape for me.

Back
Top Bottom