What's new

Vapours-r-us reviews !!!

Vanilla Custard

Adding to the thread.
V-R-US Vanilla Custard

Been having a play around with this and it's a strange one.
Tried it on it's own @20% and @25%, thick,sweet, creamy, very pleasant - but! It is nothing like you're used to from other custard concentrates and not really "custard" at all. The only thing that I can say that it tastes like is a "mini milk" lolly - sweet and milky.
When used as the custard part of a bog standard GVC clone-ard it's still a pleasant, creamy vape but lacks vanilla.
I've found it to be a great concentrate with lot's of hmmmmm? potential.
Used as an additive, alongside Capella V1 (or V2), French Vanilla, DDL and one of the "creams" it produced, for me, an outstanding custard blend and adds the "sweetened milk" that Capella custard lacks.
I like this concentrate a lot, and it's got no artificial,harsh,chemically aftertastes. Great one to have around for experimenting with custard blends.
A useable concentrate, which is always a bonus with a v-r-us gamble :D

I don't know if this concentrate, when used, will stand the test of time, as all of my trials so far are less than a month old.
hi do you add anything to the custard

hi do you add anything to the custard
Yes. I've found that it need s a little something extra to boost the vanilla. These days I use Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (any brand). My custard tastes have changed a bit and, these days, I mix very very simply., two ingredients, a custard concentrate and vanilla bean ice cream.

I've got a few on order to try:

Eucalyptus
Grape
Rhubarb and custard
Starburst
Watermelon
Lemon and lime

Anyone got any experience of these, ideas on ratios etc?

With all VRU Concentrates i've mixed at 20% and they seem to work well at this level - you may find that once you have done this for your initial 'test run' you want to go to 15% for some if they are a bit overpowering - but I've never had any blow my head off or be unvapable at 20% - I've got the lemon & Lime and Starburst from that list and both are great shake and vapes at 20% - they will mellow and get a little smoother with a few days steeping but it isn't necessary for those ones anyway.

If you like the VRU Concentrates there is another big thread running on here where we share feedback on all the different flavours which can help given they have so many to choose from!

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...eads/vapours-r-us.101887/page-68#post-1213718

Going to keep it to reviews so as not to cov up the thread. All are 20% 1.5mg 80/20 mixes.

Bonfire toffee - This is burnt toffee, table like. Very nice but very strong ,going to try with 10/10 Custard as well! 4/5

Strawberry & Kiwi - Nice Strawberry on the insole and hint of kiwi on the exhale, I like! 4.5/5

Caramel cappuccino - Really like this but more creamy code than caramel but very good, especially as code vapes can be more miss than hit. 4.5/5

Neopolitan - Tastes like what it says, not overly chocolatey like some. Quite nice and may benefit from a little Vanilla Bean I've Cream and Strawberry. 4/5

Afro Dizziac - Weird but strangely nice, I get toothpaste/mouthwash mixed with cough Candy and herb that I can't put my finger on. Mixed this looks like jizz but having never treated that I can't comment of it is! Strangely nice but quite strong, think of go 15% next time. 4.3/5

Afro Dizziac - Weird but strangely nice, I get toothpaste/mouthwash mixed with cough Candy and herb that I can't put my finger on. Mixed this looks like jizz but having never treated that I can't comment of it is! Strangely nice but quite strong, think of go 15% next time. 4.3/5

sometimes I read a review of a concentrate an just know I HAVE to try it even if it ends in the bin lol thanks

Anyone tried the blackcurrent lockets or the dandelion and burdock?? I have ordered them before reading this review

Bought grape Medly in 30ml size, was lush, so ordered 100ml, and it just tastes like slightly sweet cardboard. I did everything the same as before, can't work out where I'm going wrong

Kinda wish I found these reviews before I ordered now. I only ordered 100ml altogether so no big loss if it's not up to scratch. I'll just make a couple of sample bottles before I commit to making it all

Back
Top Bottom