What's new

Using aqueous glycerin

Dagger

Achiever
Hi guys.
I normally mix 70/30.
As I work outdoors and it being cold at the moment my juice is getting very gloopy in the cold and not wicking as fast as I need.

Could I switch to aqueous glycerin rather than vg during these cold months to help it wick?

Do I use it exactly as I would use vg?

So I'd still use my vg, but use 10 to 15 percent ag aswell? I thought I'd substitute the 70%vg for 70%ag.

So I'd still use my vg, but use 10 to 15 percent ag aswell? I thought I'd substitute the 70%vg for 70%ag.

you could, but you might find that's too watery, you'll have to experiment a bit to get the viscosity you want it.

why not just mix at 60% VG?

you could, but you might find that's too watery, you'll have to experiment a bit to get the viscosity you want it.

why not just mix at 60% VG?
Yeah I could, I was just trying to avoid adding any throat hit, not a big fan of throat hit.
I have a bottle of ag that I bought a year ago or so and never used, was just gonna whip up a quick mix that wicks a bit better in this chilly weather

I find 10% ag too watery I would mix 65% vg with 5% ag to make up your 70/30

Yeah I could, I was just trying to avoid adding any throat hit, not a big fan of throat hit.
I have a bottle of ag that I bought a year ago or so and never used, was just gonna whip up a quick mix that wicks a bit better in this chilly weather

I assumed 90/10 AG would be similar to 70/30 VG/PG and ordered 10 litres.

Big mistake - it's like water and I'm mixing it 2/1 with full VG.

I assumed 90/10 AG would be similar to 70/30 VG/PG and ordered 10 litres.

Big mistake - it's like water and I'm mixing it 2/1 with full VG.

I usually use 10% AVG, and mix it at 70/30 PG, works fine for me.

You use 10% AVG in place of full VG, and further dilute it with PG?

There must be something wrong with mine.

Yeah, definitely what I have, reason I use it is I don't want more than 20% PG.
Most flavour concentrates are PG, so I only have two things to mix AVG and flavour, job done.

Overall viscosity when mixed seems some where between a 60/40, and a 70/30 juice.

Back
Top Bottom