What's new

Unofficial diy allotment

Little discount from Chefs if it’s any good for anyone. Gone for a couple of the tobaccos M & P Praze, Haze and a coconut and rum one I liked the sound of.
IMG_1152.jpg

Has anyone attempted to make an ry4 from scratch? I mean mix tobaccos, caramels and vanillas to get something vapable. I want to have a go with tfa western as my tobaccio base but feel it is a stupidly hard profile to get right. Forget about complex layered bakeries, tobaccos etc, I believe a PROPER RY4 is as hard to make as a soufle, mainly because I believe the difference between a divine juice and shit is very small.

I’ve done this before. It was more than a year ago, so don’t recall the precise ratios but I was quite pleased with the result. I really liked FA ry4 but found it had almost no tobacco aroma. I experimented with adding tobacco to it, but also with blending one myself.

It contained FA caramel, a wee bit of vienna cream, latakia, bourbon vanilla, wee touch of anise; atoms labs agrinio, black vanilla.

The anise was just a gratuitous addition.

This is the best RY4 I've ever tried, with the added tobacco to give it a boost. Only issue is DIYFS have reformulated their RY4 recently. I know Chef's carry it but you'd have to message if their stock is still the old stuff.

This is the best RY4 I've ever tried, with the added tobacco to give it a boost. Only issue is DIYFS have reformulated their RY4 recently. I know Chef's carry it but you'd have to message if their stock is still the old stuff.

I have cardinal on the go at the mo.......with added 5% capella double apple .....tis good

I might have to try mixing that up, never thought of adding apple to it.

Although good on its own, I felt cardinal for me needed something else.....non desserty, got the double apple in specifically for it....and boom at 5% its spot on.

Although good on its own, I felt cardinal for me needed something else.....non desserty, got the double apple in specifically for it....and boom at 5% its spot on.

How long did you leave it for? The steeping is weird on cardinal with the little dance the tobaccos do. Great for a few days, none existent and then back again after about two weeks

How long did you leave it for? The steeping is weird on cardinal with the little dance the tobaccos do. Great for a few days, none existent and then back again after about two weeks

just checked the label.....6/7 months lol....made in December 30th 120ml, nearly finished.

Last edited:

Ah yes the venerable Cardinal. I've looked at this recipe many times but never made it because I never bought any FLV flavours. I do have a bottle of the old stock DIYFS RY4 with I am guessing 6-7ml left thoug, and INW Kent and Burley.

My last attempt with DIYFS RY4 was to mix it at 3% with 1% TPA western, and it ended up pretty bad, the western overpowered it completely and I ended up with the TPA western flavour (which I actually like even on its own) and some messy sweetness in the exhale. The combination was sinkworthy.

Back
Top Bottom