What's new

Ultrasonic steeping - accessories

Calvus

Hi.

I've done s lot of research and ordered my usc monster. But I'm still confused about few things.
So OK a plastic no good as it softened and potentially could release some toxins into liquid. So glass bottles. OK. What about caps? Heard metal can affect flavour so... plastic? Plus some people steep their liquids without cap bottle standing upright is it better than bottle submerged vertically with plastic cap on?

Thanks

Hi.

I've done s lot of research and ordered my usc monster. But I'm still confused about few things.
So OK a plastic no good as it softened and potentially could release some toxins into liquid. So glass bottles. OK. What about caps? Heard metal can affect flavour so... plastic? Plus some people steep their liquids without cap bottle standing upright is it better than bottle submerged vertically with plastic cap on?

Thanks
Until my ultrasonic stopped working i used to use cling film and hair bobbles for the lids.
I used to over lap the film in squares then cover the bottle and wrap around with bobbles until it was really tight.
Bit like a traditional jam jar with the material lids then wrapped on with a band.
Worked fine for me and also be sure the bottles have no chance of falling over when in the machine.
Also i used plastic many of times but kept an eye on the temperature. As long as they don't go over 60 to 70 degrees they should be fine. As long as they don't reach melting temperature then I've always been fine with plastic

VapnFagan has a good video on ultrasonic steeping/cleaning he covers all your questions about lids on off and levels etc

Great. Thank you. Was just wondering about lids off. How do u do it yourself? Will check that video.

Back
Top Bottom